Hand held spot light

tooln

5 year old buck +
I'm in the market for a hand held LED spotlight. I would like something not really big but also something that puts out a good amount of light. I'd also like it to last 4-6 hours on a set of batteries or a charge. Anyone have any suggestions as there are so many out there. Thanks

Two years ago....I bought a rechargeable LED light by Cyclops. Bought it on Amazon....as it was much cheaper than the sprouting big box stores. -I really like it. I am color-blind....but even I can follow a blood trail with this light. Amazing bright.....and good battery life on a charge. But I don't think 4-6 hours. Maybe 2 hours. it charges fast on 12 or 110 volt tho.

They do have about 4 models. Mine is mid-range and small in size. I think Cyclops is the go-to brand.

Last edited:
Two years ago....I bought a rechargeable LED light by Cyclops. Bought it on Amazon....as it was much cheaper than the sprouting big box stores. -I really like it. I am color-blind....but even I can follow a blood trail with this light. Amazing bright.....and good battery life on a charge. But I don't think 4-6 hours. Maybe 2 hours. it charges fast on 12 or 110 volt tho.

They do have about 4 models. Mine is mid-range and small in size. I think Cyclops is the go-to brand.

Is this the one you got? It's one I'm considering.
http://www.amazon.com/Cyclops-CYC-9...2172394&sr=8-1&keywords=cyclops+led+spotlight

^ I have the Revo 700. It has a single LED and that sucker is B R I G H T. Not sure if the 700 is the lumens? .....or if the model is still current. I like how compact it is.

I think I paid more than the price you show.....but this LED stuff has been getting cheaper to buy. I believe I paid about $60.

Edit: Just doing a little reading.....and I think my light may becoming obsolete (?). Might be better stuff now.....do your homework. They do have replacement batteries......I just read. About $10 to replace. But the newer lights evidently have updated batts. Mine works. I'm happy.

Last edited:
I got a couple Streamlight Protac HL3's when BoTach had them for $35 shipped. Extremely bright on new batteries. Battery life is rated 2 hours at 1100 lumens, but they stay pretty bright longer than that.