H-T's January 2023 trail cam contest

Bill

Administrator
This will be the last one for the season. post them up.
  1. Photos submitted for the contest must have been taken by a trail camera during the current month or the month prior. Example= To be eligible for the June 2022 contest, the photo must have been taken with a trail camera during May 2022 or June 2022.
  2. Photos must be submitted on or before the last day of the month for the contest to be eligible. Example= March 31st is the last day to enter a photo in the March contest.
  3. The winner is decided by the photo that receives the most "likes", counted on the 10th day after the end of the month. Example= Photo with the most "likes" on July 10th is the winner of the June contest. In the event of a tie the photo that was posted first will be deemed the winner.
  4. Members can submit up to 5 photos per contest (one photo per post), however no photo can be submitted into more than one contest.
  5. Members can "like" as many photos as they wish. (Participation is key to this working. Don't wait until the end of the month to vote for a winner, "like" photos as they are posted if you like them).
  6. Categories to be announced on a monthly basis.
  7. Any and all disputes or questionable entries will be reviewed by Admin and handled accordingly.
  8. The category for this month is restricted to (No restrictions)
This year no monthly prizes but we’ll put all monthly winners in a best of best for a really nice custom built knife.

End of year prize for the best it the best https://habitat-talk.com/threads/trail-cam-best-of-the-best-contest-prize.14789/

I thought this sequence was pretty cool. Interesting that the turkeys walked in the direction of the bobcat after it appears he turned to leave. I think that smokey-colored hen has some age to her as well as I've seen her for a couple years at least.
HD0746.JPGHD0747.JPGHD0749.JPG

I thought this sequence was pretty cool. Interesting that the turkeys walked in the direction of the bobcat after it appears he turned to leave. I think that smokey-colored hen has some age to her as well as I've seen her for a couple years at least.
View attachment 48653View attachment 48654View attachment 48655
Cool looking bird!

View attachment 48653View attachment 48654View attachment 48655
That is fascinating. Safety in numbers? I can't imagine why a bobcat would be intimidated by them. Is there any chance the bobcat has a hen in its mouth that you just can't see?

Well the contest is just about over. As I said from the beginning I have not entered or voted for any of the pics in the contest. Believe me it was hard as there are so many great pics. Good luck to all of you who have entered. I just want to say that I enjoyed making and posting updates of the build along the way, I hope you all enjoyed them. I again what to thank Bill for contacting me to build the prize knife. It was an honor. Here's are just a few pics.
20220821_143552.jpg20220822_140203.jpg
20220822_120713.jpg20220822_140242.jpg

That is fascinating. Safety in numbers? I can't imagine why a bobcat would be intimidated by them. Is there any chance the bobcat has a hen in its mouth that you just can't see?
If I had to put money on it, I'd say the bobcat didn't get one. I don't see anything to indicate it in the pictures. I don't think the bobcat was intimidated by them. I'd say he knew his chances were low if they spotted him. I thought he might act like he walked off and then come at them from the cover. However, the turkeys had a few more pictures in front of the camera around that time frame and then they came back an hour later. If he busted them up at some point, I'd speculate they'd have regrouped elsewhere.

Here is a picture of a grey squirrel for reference, the pictures after this are what I believe to be a flying squirrel. I have never had one of these on camera. Not sure this is allowed per the rules since there are multiple pictures in this post.
DSCF0056.jpgDSCF0013.jpgDSCF0095.jpgDSCF0101.jpgDSCF0097.jpgDSCF0098.jpg

Put up a few older cams on a farm I just got under contract. No decent bucks yet but a ton of coyote activity. Caught this neat interaction and decided to string some clips together:

Vote tonight. I'll probbably set up the best of the best tomorrow.