Gun Trafficking Ring Busted

Bowsnbucks

5 year old buck +
A gun trafficking ring has been taken down by federal agents that was moving illegal guns from Georgia to Pennsylvania. Some of the guns were used in crimes / felonies in Pa. The Feds have texts, phone records, etc. on the members of this gun ring. Conspiracy to traffic illegal guns, lying to Feds, interstate gun laws, etc.

Now for those of us who abide by existing gun laws, what say all of you as to HOW these thugs should be sentenced once trials are over?? People like them are making life harder for us who follow the rules. Those guns get people killed, and spur others to hate guns totally.

IMO - Such crimes should get MINIMUM 30 years to send a message to other would-be trafficking rings. No "first-time offender" slap on the wrist easy sentencing. This kind of SH*T never existed when I was younger. So put the clamps down HARD on these clowns - maybe opinions would then change in the public at large.

Sounds fishy to me there are more small arms in private hands in the US than the rest of the world combined and there is a “gun running ring in the US” sounds a lot like “Operation Fast and Furious” is back in operation under a Democrat President with a gun control agenda.

I would need to know more about the facts of the case. What kind of guns, for example.

What is the illegal guns you speak of? What makes them illegal?

I am all for punishing people to maximum sentences, if needed, but more details must be provided to find out if this was some uncle selling guns to his nephew, that the governor of NY deemed bad guns.

They used cell phone tower tracking to find January 6th individuals but ballot box stuffing no dice nothing to see here.

IMO - Such crimes should get MINIMUM 30 years to send a message to other would-be trafficking rings. No "first-time offender" slap on the wrist easy sentencing. This kind of SH*T never existed when I was younger. So put the clamps down HARD on these clowns - maybe opinions would then change in the public at large.
Are you suggesting gunrunning is a new thing?

They just want guns are bad in the news, so they can make one more push to take some of our rights away since they have the house, senate, and president in office.

The article I read this morning stated that a guy and his girlfriend made approximately 300 straw purchases of guns in and around Atlanta between June and December 2020. The guns were then shipped north to Philadelphia where someone else was in charge of distribution.

The article I read this morning stated that a guy and his girlfriend made approximately 300 straw purchases of guns in and around Atlanta between June and December 2020. The guns were then shipped north to Philadelphia where someone else was in charge of distribution.

If that's true then they should go to prison.

They sound like gun dealers without government permissions to me, "straw purchases" were more common than buying guns from a dealer for the first half my life, and they were legal. I am a to each is their own kind of guy, unless a gun is used to cause harm to another human it is a legal gun in my eyes whether it is one gun or hundreds.

Although I couldn't find the story that started this thread, I am with SD and bear in mind the typical story like this is usually embellished to create the "crazy right wing gun nut" or "guns are bad" narrative. Especially when the FBI is involved, I would reference the FBI ring-leading Governor Whitmer's kidnapping with the Michigan "right wing militia" as a current example. Most people would think a weekend at my house would involve a militia before the ammo shortage. What does an illegal gun look like? The barrel is too short? One of the previous owners used it in a crime so the gun must now be taken out of circulation? They didn't buy it through a government approved dealer? No specifics so I am left to wonder is all.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
We have gotten so far away from it's intent it has become the accepted norm.

First - I'm for the second amendment. I want to protect my wife and home. Period. I've hunted all my life.
Many pro-gun folks say to use existing laws on the books to prosecute the people breaking those laws. I'm for that. So when a bust of something that's illegal happens, you want to let them OFF?????????? Sorry - I don't understand that thinking. If an amateur rapper in Atlanta is making straw purchases for someone in Philadelphia using a number of people to transfer the guns (which were mostly semi-auto handguns) ......... and the guns end up with people who ARE NOT allowed to have guns (felons) - how is that OK??? Those guns were used to commit other crimes in the Philly region. Laws on the books say that's illegal.

Illegal guys like this are making life tougher for law-abiding gun owners. Many elected officials have said "prosecute crooks / crimes involving guns using the laws on the books." So what's wrong with busting this illegal ring??? The guns were used to commit crimes.

It wasn't an uncle giving / selling a gun to his nephew.

Gun running isn't new - but it's illegal.

As for "fake news" .... here's one. -------- The "job creators" were going to bring back good-paying manufacturing jobs to the U.S. Don't hold your breath - unless world affairs / war make it absolutely necessary for our national security. 40+ years ago our U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff sounded the alarm over moving our cutting-edge engineering / electronic / tooling manufacturing offshore because it would jeopardize national security in the event of a war. (I remember their warnings coming out back then). Now we're in the situation of having to wait on ships & barges to bring us cutting-edge components for our military hardware. HOW'S THAT for being short-sighted??? Communist Chinese government has had easy access to stealing our tech secrets when it's in their factories.

Awww - I know ....... I'm just making all this up.

They used cell phone tower tracking to find January 6th individuals but ballot box stuffing no dice nothing to see here.

True the Vote spent $2 million to buy publicly available cell phone data that can pinpoint an individual’s location to within a few inches.

Curious how these super high tech investigations make phones record better data because my phone sure doesn't perform like that when it thinks i'm on the frontage road 70 yards away while driving down the Interstate or when OnX or similar apps thinks i'm walking around in 20 yard circles when standing still.

As far as I know, the 2nd amendment was specified, "shall not be infringed" , it wasnt until the democrats started picking away at the 2nd amendment, and started making some scary guns illegal, then that made, felons out of people who didnt commit any crimes, other then following the 2nd amendment. Now if you killed, or robbed someone at gun point, you should never be allowed to have a gun again, throw the book at them, throw away the key. But to make someone a felon for nothing but some feel good laws created by democrats to make their following think they are doing something, meh!

Not that it makes it any better to sell firearms to felons. But Maybe if Larry Krasner, DA of Philadelphia, prosecuted said criminals the first time they wouldn't have been on the street to buy said illegal gun.

Just google "Larry Krasner letting criminals walk" What a P.O.S. and he's the first to blame the gun rather than the gang member who had a rough childhood.

Irony is supporting straw purchase gun runners selling to big city felons and wondering why there is such an "assault on gun culture".

You guys are all over the board on this. You went down the bows rabbit hole with the original post lacking details of the alleged crime. If you are a felon you can not buy or poses a gun. You also can not have someone else buy the gun. That is the straw purchase. It is also a felony for you to knowingly buy a gun for a felon. It is very common for someone knowing they won’t pass the background check have someone buy the gun for them. This is a felony by both parties but is very often missed or not prosecuted. Once again bad guys don’t follow the law so prosecute them when they break the law. Leave the rest of us alone.