Graft question?

Neahawg

5 year old buck +
Anyone ever have blooms on a new graft? Got a ashmeads kernel we did in March that got blooms on both buds.

Yeah it happens. All you can do is save the rootstock for later to tbud or plant it and graft on to it later.

That's a bummer I was hoping I could just pinch the buds off and it would take off

I had not 1 but 2 Anaros crabs flower on me.

CameraZOOM-20160413073014656.jpg

So what do you do when that happens CE? Do you regraf it now if you have extra scions or wait and t bud later? Graft next year?

Pinch off the flower. I would leave it for the time being it might push a leaf bud.

Oh good on you guys just seen this. Asked the same question on my thread. I have 3 or 4 trees that want to bloom. Its only 1 bud that blooms so if you cut the stock back to the next bud it should wake up and produce a leaf, right?...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh good on you guys just seen this. Asked the same question on my thread. I have 3 or 4 trees that want to bloom. Its only 1 bud that blooms so if you cut the stock back to the next bud it should wake up and produce a leaf, right?...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just remove the flowers, and sometimes they push a shoot

Dont sweat it!!!! Just remove the flowers, you'll be fine. Some varieties are very prone to flowering on 1 year old wood, its just something to deal with. As long as you only remove the flowers there should be a meristem within that flower that will start pushing a shoot. Somewhere between pink and the king opening is the easiest time to remove the flowers without getting into the shoot.

Thanks guys I pinched the flowers out today!

Two Golden Hornets bloomed last year. I just pinched the blooms off of them and they did fine. Mine were in the ground when they bloomed.

I have flowers on 3 and just letting them go to see what happens. I had a few last year and I think I got a shoot

I have flowers on 3 and just letting them go to see what happens. I had a few last year and I think I got a shoot

U might grow a lolipop!

I had not 1 but 2 Anaros crabs flower on me.

CameraZOOM-20160413073014656.jpg

I cut these off last week and it appears additional growth is coming up. I'm seeing more leaves at least so hopefully it is a bud that grows into a tree. I cut off a few blooms on some of my other grafts as well.

Same tree new shoot coming up.

CameraZOOM-20160419131321979.jpg