GPS Mapping Hunting Land

EM715_WI

Yearling... With promise
I am looking for a way to mark highlights seen while scouting on hunting land. My thought is that while scouting I could mark a specific location to my smart phone for trail crossings, bedding areas, etc. I would then like to be able to pull this information to a desk-top computer and save to a map. This would allow me to share what I saw with others in our hunting group and also provide thought for appropriate stand placement, improvements, etc. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Background: I recently tried to use Glympse-Evernote, which allowed me to save a snapshot of the route I took, however I lost the detail that I was looking for, since there doesn't appear to be a way to reopen the map for the details after it is saved to Evernote.

Garmin GPS handheld unit with their free basecamp program on your computer can do all that and more.

Garmin GPS handheld unit with their free basecamp program on your computer can do all that and more.
Thanks! I was hoping to do it with my phone. I have an old Garmin GPS unit, maybe I can get that updated.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I use the Agriplot app on my I phone. It lets you mark your boundaries and also insert points of interest. Built in GPS can pinpoint right where you're standing on your land.

I use the Agriplot app on my I phone. It lets you mark your boundaries and also insert points of interest. Built in GPS can pinpoint right where you're standing on your land.
Bill, great idea to use am Ag app, I will just need to find one for Android. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk