Gear humor

Tap

5 year old buck +
Okay, it's Halloween. A lot of us wait until now to wage our assault. Now is the time for those final preps for the next 2 weeks of hard hunting. It's time to launder those few clothes that we wore for our shake-down hunts over the last week or so...and that's what I did today.
I walked into the laundry room and noticed some strange red lights coming from the window of the front-loader...WTF is that?? It's the el cheapo, piece of crap, Energizer head lamp that I bought from Walmart for $12... Bouncing around in washer with 4 minutes left in the cycle. And the sucker is still lit and going strong. I'm impressed with that light.

The Shining...just in time for Halloween.

Reactions: Tap
I washed my grunt call on purpose last week. :).

At least it wasn't your truck key fob.

Speaking of washers. I have a few guys that stay at my place cause their places have no cabin.

I had to lay down the washing machine LAW. Tag alongs, beggars lice and prickers on the bath towels had to stop.

Pick those things off before the wash cycle or take em home and let your wife wash them....

Speaking of washers. I have a few guys that stay at my place cause their places have no cabin.

I had to lay down the washing machine LAW. Tag alongs, beggars lice and prickers on the bath towels had to stop.

Pick those things off before the wash cycle or take em home and let your wife wash them....

Those things are bad this year....

Those things are bad this year....
Around my place too. Wonder why? Dry weather?

Bill - post #3 - It's just the right thing to do. If someone's kind enough to let you stay at their place, the visitors shouldn't make life harder for the owners. Simple courtesy.

People don't seem to give a crap about manners and courtesy these days - in many circumstances.

My wife and I got into a small argument once and she threatened to do something to my deer mounts. I think it was when she wanted them in the basement.... I told her she so much as touched them, I would go out with a pair of sweatpants on and collect as much beggers lice and cockelburs as I could find and toss them into the washer and dryer with the rest of the families clothes! My wife had no response to that threat....she just stared at me like "Don't you even dare!" If you are married you know that look! Then from down the hall my smart mouth kid yell's, "DAMN! It just got real!" We both busted out laughing at that point..... I was then informed that MY kid has a smart mouth and that she knew where it came from!

Show of hands please from anyone who ever got their wife in a fluff because they washed and dried their ScentLoc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Show of hands please from anyone who ever got their wife in a fluff because they washed and dried their ScentLoc.

guilty as charged your honor... I will ask for forgiveness from the court. She gets absolutely WILD WILD WILD when I wash anything hunting or fishing related. Good joke to play if anyone is interested... Get an empty milk jug.. write in black marker.. DEER URINE.. Set such jug in a basket of clean laundry. BOOOOOOM the fury from a womans voice.. it's remarkable.

guilty as charged your honor... I will ask for forgiveness from the court. She gets absolutely WILD WILD WILD when I wash anything hunting or fishing related. Good joke to play if anyone is interested... Get an empty milk jug.. write in black marker.. DEER URINE.. Set such jug in a basket of clean laundry. BOOOOOOM the fury from a womans voice.. it's remarkable.

I just can’t see why they would not find that side thumping funny. I have to say the more my wife hates me doing that sort of stuff the more I want to do it. I mean honestly I was doing that before she married me so why should I change after being married for 24 years.

I'm not allowed to use the washer at home :)

Not even for camo. 25 plus years ago I tried to help and washed her white stuff with some red stuff.

Best thing I ever did.......

Last edited:
Bill, I tried the "mess up the wash so you never have to do it again" trick....it worked. However she turned the table on me with the burn trash when she just about set the garage on fire..... TOUCHE my dear! I burn the trash, she does the normal laundry.

I use the washer and dryer all the time - she knows it and as doesn't care as long as I pick off the beggars lice and cockelburs first....there is a reason for this however. She steals my hunters detergent which is really, really good at getting out really tough stains. I also don't mix my stuff with anything else as well so I think that helps.

As for the "deer piss" trick.... I had (my aunt divorced him) an Uncle who was not a nice person. But he had a gag bottle of deer piss and loved to trick people into thinking he was drinking it. He had a couple bottles of real deer piss in the fridge with it, but the gag bottle had a red cap. The others where black. I figured this out as a kid - he loved trying to pull this on the kids.....I guess it made him feel smart. I had gotten upset with him (no need for details here) ....so when I had the chance ...... I got even.....I swapped his red cap! It was several weeks later my aunt (without my uncle in tow) is telling how he was pulling his prank again and ......Surprise! It WAS deer piss this time!!!! She was laughing so hard she was crying and was having a hard time even telling the story! I finally came clean.....after the divorce.....but he deserved it! So just beware of the pranks....they may get turned against you!!!!

Last edited: