From Last Year to This Year!

Obsession is more like it! The Barracuda knows I have a screw loose. She sat on the golf cart drinking some shine for 2 hrs watching me! Had to make sure I didn't have a heart attack I guess! Or if i did keel over she had a big decision of who to call first, The auctioneer, the Life insurance guy or the Funeral home!o_O

2 hrs of shine? I'd have been just stuck doing circles in the golf cart by then..... LOL!

That's gonna be one sweet spot Mo! Love the trees on the hill side in the native grasses! I know you don't get attached to land but I hope you hang onto this place! Would love to watch it progress from yr to yr! Way it looks you should be putting a good one on the ground this yr!!!

MoBuck, I have a friend who's feeling the pinch of the 1031 exchange timetable who's looking in MO....... if you are looking to sell anything.

Pretty good thread guys! I like non-conformists who can think for themselves, and try things for the sake of trying... Love it :) Keep it up! And keep the pics coming! I've only got 20 acres, no, that wasn't a typo, just 20 :) I'm forced to make every acre count and I hope my kids and their kids will get to see the results when I'm gone. Having my boys show their kids the trees they planted as a youth. That's where it's at in my mind! Good thread, keep it coming :)

I've always wanted more land but my 40 already keeps me busier than I want to be. Not to mention the cost of improving everything. I don't know how you keep up with everything you have going on Mo especially in different states:confused:

I have been on the go my whole life! Helps having a wife that can run the biz if I sneak away for a couple days also. But Often wonder how I worked a full time job 60 miles away, farmed 850 acres for 25 years and ran around buying and selling homes and land as well. One huge draw back to the way I did it was not spending time with the kids when they were growing up. Biggest mistake of my life, as we are not as close as a parent should be with there kids. I would not do it the way I did if I had to do it over. The drive for the all mighty dollar can be like a double edged sword!

:(

Never to late to slow down and enjoy life and family MO. Grand kids offer second chances if you have any.

I'm guilty of this as well Mo. Work 2 ems jobs, an run the landscape biz. I have been able to do allot of things because of the cash flow but sometimes I wonder if it worth it running balls to the wall all the time. For what? I want this, I want that etc... It's all just stuff ya know. My current mission is to pay off an $89,000 loan in 3 years so my farm is 100% mine. Some may see this as extreme but I hate to pay interest an work my nuts off to avoid it.
Just venting. I have always set extremely high goals for myself and they come with allot of pressure.

Last edited:
I'm guilty of this as well Mo. Work 2 ems jobs, an run the landscape biz. I have been able to do allot of things because of the cash flow but sometimes I wonder if it worth it running balls to the wall all the time. For what? I want this, I want that etc... It's all just stuff ya know. My current mission is to pay off an $89,000 loan in 3 years so my farm is 100% mine. Some may see this as extreme but I hate to pay interest an work my nuts off to avoid it.
Just venting. I have always set extremely high goals for myself and they come with allot of pressure.

Keep in mind the after tax cost of money today is as low as it has been for many years. If the rate of return on a safe investment is higher then the after tax cost of money you should invest your extra cash in the investment and not pay extra on your debt. As a general rule you need balance but keep in mind not all debt is bad and leverage can help you gain wealth.

Just FYI.

or you could have some of your buddies up to kill a pile of doe's!!!;)

I tried, they were all tired from making babies!;)
Never to tired! Just felt bad leaving the wife with 3 little ones. I sure hope the offer still stands next season!

I surly would have been a mess with all those deer around me! Things will be easier next season for me to get away here an there unless I get carried away again. I'm pretty jacked up about meeting with MDC an the dozer guy at my place tomorrow. I'm just happy to be getting out of the house. Every day my wife works I am mr mom an can't do much getting out of the house with 3 lil ones at once! I Am ready for momma to just quit her job haha