Foot surgery

Angus 1895

5 year old buck +
Had surgery yesterday in Idaho Falls.

Trying to cut kindling with a newly bought hatchet 🪓 it flew out my hand and into my moccasin covered foot. Yes alc 🥃 was involved. Two years to the day!

This year a bad cough gave me a hernia so I blew my deductible on the surgery this spring. So playing with “ house money” I got my foot whittled on. The doc said it was the worst case of the year! Guess the second toe was multiple fractured. The big toe was due to too many belly kicks to my patients. Should have stuck with firestarter blocks, or at least proper footwear to prevent the broken hammer toes.

Looking foreword to more comfortable hikinog, riding!

Merry Christmas!

Attachments

• 2BD1DDAE-98DA-4828-ACCF-AF74DD33B9E0.jpeg
    2BD1DDAE-98DA-4828-ACCF-AF74DD33B9E0.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 25
  • 99BBD1B6-20C0-4A31-9C8D-E82936F60C4F.jpeg
    99BBD1B6-20C0-4A31-9C8D-E82936F60C4F.jpeg
    35.2 KB · Views: 24
  • 38D3BDA1-1685-42CE-AB86-A96DEBD4C150.jpeg
    38D3BDA1-1685-42CE-AB86-A96DEBD4C150.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 23
I wish you a speedy and thorough recovery.

Wow…thanks for sharing…i am taking off my moccasins and putting my boots on before I split the kindling today!

Wow…thanks for sharing…i am taking off my moccasins and putting my boots on before I split the kindling today!
Stay off the egg nog until after!

Man those are some old school X-rays. Older doctor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope all goes well.

Had a club member at camp try to split kindling drunk....... Put it into his hand. USed to have a sign on the wall, put back axe when drunk...........

Moonshire jar comes out, Im done with axes, saws, guns, ladders, and ATV's.

I think I've seen enough!

Heal up buddy! Merry Christmas

Hope you heal quickly and get a good outcome.

Ouch! You waited two years to get that fixed?! Alcohol probably helped with the pain at the time.

The first year I thought I could walk it off..

Then I got the local doc to give me steroid injections.

The surgeon I used isn’t old but old school.

Yesterday afternoon I met him at his office, ( he was closed) j to change the dressing as it bled too much.