First Wi whitetail after purchasing property

makinprairie

A good 3 year old buck
I purchased my property in Central Wi beginning of 2017. It was years since I hunted whitetail but in Nov 2019 I hunted my land for the first time after building a box blind.

This one means a lot to me as it was my first on the land.

I know I look mad in the photo, but opening morning was about 15 degrees and a cold biting wind! lol.

DSC07531.JPGDSC02364.JPG

Congrats to you. Big ole body. The colder the better for me. Less yuppies out.

I purchased my property in Central Wi beginning of 2017. It was years since I hunted whitetail but in Nov 2019 I hunted my land for the first time after building a box blind.

I know I look mad in the photo, but opening morning was about 15 degrees and a cold biting wind! lol.

View attachment 62749View attachment 62752
That's a heck of a first buck on the land, and a drop tine at that! Looks like you found the right parcel to purchase.

Congrats to you. Big ole body. The colder the better for me. Less yuppies out.
Thank you sir! He did have a big body.
A bit of an amusing story. I had taken him to a local deer processor and when I got the call to pick up my meat a friend went with me.
The next year I had shot a small 6 pointer and when that same friend went with me to pick up the meat , she asked "where is the rest of the meat" ?

That's a heck of a first buck on the land, and a drop tine at that! Looks like you found the right parcel to purchase.
My first and best, its been downhill since, LOL, kidding aside the habitat work I have been doing, lots of edging, planting of native species is attracting and holding more and better bucks every season.

Congrats!

Congrats, that's a cool buck! Is that some sort of ladder made from branches I see behind you?

Congrats, that's a cool buck! Is that some sort of ladder made from branches I see behind you?
Thanks and great eye! I daughter's boyfriend thought he would try deer hunting and built that "ladder stand", out of small scot pines.
I think he spent a total of about 2 hours in it, lol. That was before I did all the forest mulching. I was never crazy about it as I thought it was pretty unsafe.

Stud buck congrats!!

View attachment 62749View attachment 62752
My man. Congrats. Great deer. I’m a sucker for a drop tine.

Nice buck. Congratulations

Very nice, taxi turned out great too!
Congrats.

Great buck!! Even more special that it came from your land.