Fawns

Howboutthemdawgs

5 year old buck +
Kinda interesting, my beans are just starting to come up that the farmer planted and the deer are starting to hit them. I have seen several does out and about but zero fawns. Like right now there 5-6 does out and not one fawn. I wouldn’t think they would be too little to come out with momma right now but I guess so.

I've been seeing a couple in the fields with mom.

I’ve got 4 singles and one set of twins showing up on cameras so far. But I’ve also still got a few doe showing pregnant. So be patient and I bet they show up soon.

My fawns been coming with their mama’s to feeders for a week or two. There is one fewer fawn now than there was a week ago. Looks like a really poor fawn crop. One fawn with six does. One fawn with four does. And one fawn with five does. Hopefully a few more show up. Very few coyote pics - like maybe four coyote pictures in the last month on four cameras and no cat pictures. Our fawn recruitment statewide is poor - between .4 and .5 - but it looks like mine this year is going to be worse than that.

A little trapping and maintaining high doe density is the only way to combat low fawn recruitment. A ton of food and cover

Heard a distress fawn bleat last week at the farm and saw coyote trotting away with the poor thing hanging from his jaws. I wish I’d had my rifle with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heard a distress fawn bleat last week at the farm and saw coyote trotting away with the poor thing hanging from his jaws. I wish I’d had my rifle with me.

Another casualty to coyotes. Makes me sick. Starting to get steamed. I may have to learn how to trap.
56e0dfb38e40099e066f901a5ce969aa.jpg

At least one set of twins on my lease in my piss poor food plot. 😖 And this baby at home06120007.jpegIMG_4649.jpeg

Reactions: cbw
IMG_1700.jpeg

This bunch of seven does had two fawns between them - down to one now.

Two scenarios here. One is a really big fawn who showed up on camera this morning. Looking really good.
3c5e56631a656ca7ade992f4b8b591b6.jpeg

The other is a fawn we heard while driving down the road yesterday. It was bawling for mom. It looked to be only a few days old? Had really wiry hair and its face looked blunt. I don’t think it was a healthy baby. Not sure how that works if the mom would abandon it? I felt bad, but I couldn’t do it any favors by intervening. Sad to leave the booger there, but nature has a way of it’s meant to be.
0b5584bd066091726cec7a1f9f2490a2.jpg