Favorite ladder stand

Bumping to see if any new ladder stands have hit the market that I should consider. Added 40 acres to my piece last week and would like to get a few more double ladder stands to help get the kids out and make it easier on my old man vs some of the cliff hanging tactics needed to get into some of my hangers:). Leaning towards Millennium 220 for the double setup and the L110 for single. Prioritizing quality, solid design, quiet etc over saving money. Anyone thing others beat these two for single/double options?

The Millenium L366 Revolution Ladder Stands with the shooting rail is one of the best ladder stands i have ever had.

Super solid and very quiet. Comfy Swivel Seat.

I added another rail and made my own rap around blind, and it will be my go-to until they discontinue it.

Bumping to see if any new ladder stands have hit the market that I should consider. Added 40 acres to my piece last week and would like to get a few more double ladder stands to help get the kids out and make it easier on my old man vs some of the cliff hanging tactics needed to get into some of my hangers:). Leaning towards Millennium 220 for the double setup and the L110 for single. Prioritizing quality, solid design, quiet etc over saving money. Anyone thing others beat these two for single/double options?
The Millennium 220 is probably the best two person ladder stand I've seen on the market these days. We have a two person Gorilla probably from 2010 or 12. It is the best tree stand we have and if they still made them it would be the only thing I bought.

The Muddy Skybox is a nice solid 20 feet single person stand that is very comfortable and safe .

I’ve seen them at Menards for $189

I’m in the millennium corner also. Made in the US (last I checked) and ver strong comfortable ladder stands.

The best stands we ever had were the Big Game Ultraview.

16ft large platform and a great swivel seat with a shooting rail.

I also added a rail and a custom rap around blind to these.

They discontinued them, and there has never been any close being as comfortable and stable as these were.

Wish i would have bought 10 of them.

1676659566216.png

We’re a dealer for Millennium and Rivers Edge.

Both the Millennium and the Rivers Edge Lockdown are as solid as anything out there… we also use the Ol’ Man Assassin Double in our woods.

Full platforms, flip up seats, sturdy ladders, and comfortable seats are why we only carry those….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a great question...and one that I had when I first bought these. I bought some lightweight canvas tent material and had my wife sew up some seat covers that I place over the folded up seat and back rest after the season. I strap them down with bungi cords and leave them on January through September. Mostly I am concerned about UV damage over the long run. So far, so good....it's been about 5 years and they all look good.
I have an original jumbo Jack 17.5 with the mesh seat. It’s been in wisconsin winters since 2013ish and it’s still rock solid. It definitely has lasted along time. No cover or anything. The stand is probably going to rust out before the seat gives out.

It’s my understanding that old man in millennium, or the same company now. It seems like the old man stands are the same as the millennium minus a few small features. That said, all mine are millennium stands

It’s my understanding that old man in millennium, or the same company now. It seems like the old man stands are the same as the millennium minus a few small features. That said, all mine are millennium stands

This is true

Millennium has taken over the brand…

This is true

Millennium has taken over the brand…

Hello TjdUSAF. I’m a zoomie too. Well I used to be.

I am still very happy with my Big Game Big Buddy. I put it up in March of 2013 and it is still in great shape. Before posting I made sure it was still available, and it is. I annually treat the seat with Scotchgard. I have purchased other stands (I have three other ladder stands, a Millennium, two GuideGear and one Muddy tripod in addition to two tower stands) that are two to five years newer and show more signs of aging. I am in the market for another stand to replace one of the GuideGears, and will get another Big Game Big Buddy.

Last edited:
I’m seeing their Spector XT stand around the same price and it has the benefit of the full platform…

I’m seeing their Spector XT stand around the same price and it has the benefit of the full platform…

Thanks...I just ordered one--L&M Fleet Supply had them on clearance for $219 with free shipping, so I'll give the Spector XT a try and compare it to the Big Buddy. I like the larger platform, which will be perfect for the oak grove that the blind will be servicing.

Here is a comparison: Big Buddy (Small Platform) Spector XT (Large Platform)
Screenshot 2023-02-19 at 7.06.29 AM.pngScreenshot 2023-02-19 at 7.06.04 AM.png

Last edited:
Thanks...I just ordered one--L&M Fleet Supply had them on clearance for $219 with free shipping, so I'll give the Spector XT a try and compare it to the Big Buddy. I like the larger platform, which will be perfect for the oak grove that the blind will be servicing.
I like a bigger platform too. Makes me feel more secure.

Reactions: 356
Anyone had experience with these?

Millennium stuff is usually at high end of price point, but these are as cheap as you can find a tower stand. I know they are soft sided but everything I read is great. I’ve ordered a couple, and will put platform up this spring and only put canvas up just before season. I got the bolt down millennium swivel chair to go in each….I love millennium chair

Anyone had experience with these?

Millennium stuff is usually at high end of price point, but these are as cheap as you can find a tower stand. I know they are soft sided but everything I read is great. I’ve ordered a couple, and will put platform up this spring and only put canvas up just before season. I got the bolt down millennium swivel chair to go in each….I love millennium chair

We sell a lot of them… no one has regrets… many come back for another one … there’s also a Solo Version.

Take some care assembling… don’t rush… unzip all the windows before trying to get the canvas zipped the first time….

We sell a lot of them… no one has regrets… many come back for another one … there’s also a Solo Version.

Take some care assembling… don’t rush… unzip all the windows before trying to get the canvas zipped the first time….

Great feedback. How much for solo ones delivered?

Millenium ladder stands for me personally have one small issue that is a deal breaker. They lack horizontal arm rests. It's a small detail, but for me it's a big one. I really like an arm rest for all day sits and for just being comfortable.

The Millennium Buck Hut comes with a very sturdy tower. I also added the small platform to the ladder. Which I love. Can clean your boots off before entering and safer on exit after dark. They can be ordered from Millennium and were free shipping when I got mine. Great value.