All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expanding last year's plot

Roger_Greaser

A good 3 year old buck
The first pic is from last year. Today I worked on widening the plot as much as possible, I'm guessing that I added a little over 3/4 of an acre to the total. I planted oats and clover last year and I'm planting soybeans this year.
a4cc8010a0a79f05311d9292a38999ee.jpg
cc9e1bf8b984d4d4f57535aaaca424ef.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Looks good!

You can't see it from that pic but behind the tractor, and to the left, I opened it up more too.
60acc39ac4c5353d984cabfcedfa891d.jpg

Looks like an awesome oasis in the desert, I bet that plot gets some action!

looks really good ..pretty spot

That's good looking dirt for being in the middle of the woods..

Great looking plot! Awesome looking hunting site

looks good, I wish I had dirt like that here, you push more rocks here than dirt! and some rocks are down right HUGE< too big to even budge never mind move!

a shame you killed that oats/clover plot, it too looked really good?

It got hit really hard late last year. My clover did okay at this location but I have another plot nearby that I kept in clover. I'm pretty sure the soybeans won't last long, so I might do oats again this fall. I have done soil tests in this plot and the dirt is nearly perfect, didn't even have to put down lime this year.

This is how bad it looked in late November.
0e1b059ac6bb9b7faf84697f4ae3be69.jpg