Equipment/Implement dollys

WKyGasDoc

5 year old buck +
Gonna make some dollys out of pallets, etc and wheels from harbor freight . I need the ability to move items around in my barn, some get used more than others. I have a Great planing drill that may not be an option since it’s so heavy . But forks, buckets, mowers, box blades could be moved . Any suggestions /tips or pics?

Somewhere in here there is already a discussion covering lots of things that these guys have already made that worked well. That's all I can tell ya.

Think Foggy and others have posted on some of this. This all hinges on concrete floors however. If gravel in your shed pneumatic tires way to go.

I love carts and casters and being able to move stuff around cause half my storage space needs to turn into work space at times.

The harbor freight hardwood dolly furniture movers are not bad for under $15-$20 each. All four casters swivel and say are rated for 1000lbs each. Using two of them and keeping total load under say 500 lbs for a 6 ft box blade or my bucket when not on tractor they hold up well. Can sit for months without wheel flat spots.

Speaking of flat spots, I stay away from the hard rubber casters even if they are rated for medium loads when I know things are going to sit a long time. They roll really nice and lotta push carts use them but not for loaded and sitting in one spot. Think most rolling tool boxes use polyurethane or nylon or something like that.

I have lately been picking up material carts and movers and such at industrial auctions. Must have 8 or 10 bins, carts and rolling platforms and can use as is or take the casters off and use elsewhere. Most of this is older stuff with good USA industrial casters like Albion etc.

If you were closer would make you a deal on a 3' x 8' cart that could easily handle your no till drill and move it really smoothly too. The 10" casters are rated like 3000-4000 lbs each. Just a bit too big to maneuver in my shop. Might cut it down some day, but of course I just went out and got some other carts instead.

These 3" rockler double casters they sell to woodworkers for their builds are cheap and work well too. Like $7 eachScreenshot_20240215-162220.png

I have 2 harbor freight dollys under a solid core door and thats what I put my kasco drill on

Like others that posted, I've used the harbor freight dollies. I had some old shelving that I used to create a solid top but pretty sure you can buy them that way now.

Screenshot_20240217_195348_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20240217_195550_Gallery.jpg