Electric fat bike

homegrownbucks

5 year old buck +
Here are some pics of an electric fatbike I assembled. Since I started te project I see there are a couple commercial bikes on the market now, Rambo and quiet Kat. Got the kit from sick bike parts and battery from Luna cycle. Also replaced rear freewheel with a shimano one that offers better hill climbing. 48v battery pack. Rides nice and will handle almost any hill, but unfortunately I don't think it will get up the steepest stuff on my hunting land, which is why I built it :(
With the set up I have the guys I got the kit from thought it would be able to climb a wall, but it stalls out on very steep hills off-road. Next go-round will be built with a bigger motor, this one is actually street legal but the next one will be all off-road. Can be done for under 1000$ but mine was a little more due to trials and tribulations

I looked into the Quiet Kat 3 wheel models and they had two major draw backs to me. First was the price at around $5K and up. Second and more important was that they simply did not have enough carrying capacity. I don't weigh 180 pounds like when I was in high school. Their market is for guys like me who have bad knees and can not walk out to their stands anymore. So when they get realistic about the weight of the rider and his equipment I might look at them again. Then again, for $5K I am well on my way to a decent UTV which I know will haul my big butt around.
How far can you get on a charged battery?

That's cool.
My son has a walking disability, can't ride a bike. I bet he could ride that.
How far will it go a charge on relatively easy ground?

The battery I have is a 10.5 amp hour and I I believe it would go about 10-12 miles between charges on relatively flat ground without pedaling at all, that should go up with some pedaling

The battery I have is a 10.5 amp hour and I I believe it would go about 10-12 miles between charges on relatively flat ground without pedaling at all, that should go up with some pedaling
Homegrown

How much noise does it make? Is the motor quiet or does it hum? Please advise.

It has a hum up close but is more quiet than an atv. I had a buddy ride it down the street and couldn't really hear it once he was 3 houses down the street.