Eclipse

b116757

5 year old buck +
Drove down into Arkansas and got to watch the eclipse very cool looking at the sun for two minutes without protection.

Too cloudy here. We were right in the path of totality. All I could get were a few glimpses at a quarter coverage and about 1 second at total coverage. Then nothing but clouds. One thing I noticed is with the glasses on the sun looked about 10 times smaller. I didn’t use them for that 1 second glimpse of totality. They seemed to say you didn’t need them then anyway.

I'm in northern Ohio. Gotta say it was pretty damn cool when totality hit. Tree frogs fired up and saw a couple stars. Definitely worth experiencing

Saw it here in NW Mass while out on a hike with my dogs...about 97% of totality. One thing that occurred that I was not expecting was a very noticeable drop in temperature. We've still got partial snow on the ground and before the eclipse I was a little warm. At the peak of the eclipse I wished that I had brought another layer.

Couple hundred miles north of the pathway, but I looked at it thru the welding helmet for a while. Hope that's ok, kinda have a headache now. I'd say it was 75% covered. The birds went nuts thinking it was twilight.

Did some stuff with binoculars, a telescope, and box cameras. It was pretty neat to be out in it even though we weren't in the totality path.

Screenshot_20240408_175108_Gallery.jpgScreenshot_20240408_175039_Gallery.jpg

Saw it here in NW Mass while out on a hike with my dogs...about 97% of totality. One thing that occurred that I was not expecting was a very noticeable drop in temperature. We've still got partial snow on the ground and before the eclipse I was a little warm. At the peak of the eclipse I wished that I had brought another layer.

Same for me. Was working in a tee shirt outside and got cold all of a sudden.

We were in the path of near totality. The schools around here all had a 1/2 day. Unfortunately it was to cloudy and we caught a few seconds here and there as the clouds rolled through.

Went right over the farm. We had a wedding, an early birthday, and and eclipse all in one day.
Followed by fishing till dark on the pond.
b13625905933e7ab12be1e892306cb99.jpg
0c0fc8ade2fb876d541433cfd9db6a4e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G990U3 using Tapatalk

I just happened to be turkey hunting my place I southern illinois. I got a few pics and will upload when I get out of the bush. I was also working out side and got goosebumps because of the temp change.

Drove 30 minutes into Southern Indiana to watch totality. I pulled grandkids out of school to watch with us, we loved it.