Do I need to remove the leaves before frost seeding?

Better to have more - than not enough!! I'm in Pa. (listed in my profile). I was trying to figure out where you are by the trees in the pic at post #15. That's why I asked. By the trees, I thought further north than Alabama.
It’s a pine plantation. I have over 200acres planted in longleaf pine (where I kill the oaks), about 70 on oak forest, and 30 in food plots and roads.

Better to have more - than not enough!! I'm in Pa. (listed in my profile). I was trying to figure out where you are by the trees in the pic at post #15. That's why I asked. By the trees, I thought further north than Alabama.

I don't know about that. It depends on the big picture. We have oaks in riparian buffers and had some on a couple ridges. After assessment, our forester determined that the oaks we have on ridges are mostly shallow rooted scarlet oaks and, in our soil would not increase in timber value over time. We were beginning to lose them to wind during storms. We ended up clear-cutting those oak ridges and keeping those areas in early succession with fire. They are producing much more food across the year than they were producing in acorns. We now only have oaks in our riparian buffers. Adjoining properties still have plenty of oaks.

I agree with Barndog56, mulch those leaves up, they will be rotted away by July and will be feeding your crop with the nutrients that they contained.