DCO acorns

scott44

5 year old buck +
I just received a lb of DCO acorns for planting, I got them from Troy and Sabine Pabst in Nebraska. I believe they have some left if any of you are looking for some DCO seed. Here's their email address dconebraska@gmail.com

Me to. Troy and Sabine are good people. I am still experimenting with my DCOs from acorns. I have some 2 yr old trees that look good on great soil that are doing well. Some others on ok soil that arent doing much. Just looked at them a couple days ago and they didnt grow at all this year. Hoping they grow next year or I am done planting them at that location. They are supposed to handle a little drier and poorer soil, but so far I cant seem to get them to live up to that expectation.

Me to. Troy and Sabine are good people. I am still experimenting with my DCOs from acorns. I have some 2 yr old trees that look good on great soil that are doing well. Some others on ok soil that arent doing much. Just looked at them a couple days ago and they didnt grow at all this year. Hoping they grow next year or I am done planting them at that location. They are supposed to handle a little drier and poorer soil, but so far I cant seem to get them to live up to that expectation.

Yes they are

They are all sold out now, I was a day late and a dollar short

I too have not have the best luck with them and it's not the fault of the seed, I'm going to try one more time this next spring and go from there. I have 2 year old seedlings that that might be 8" and are tubed, still alive but haven't taken off yet. I was hoping to have a bunch of DCO's around the property but it might not be.

I started with 100, will transplant 84 this fall.

Do you guys know of a reliable source for dco acorns?

Do you guys know of a reliable source for dco acorns?
If Troy and Sabine are out of stock just offer a trade request here or the other site. Anyone ordering a pound or more of seed likely has more than they can use. The Nebraska arboretum might have some too. In about 5-10 years I suspect they will be easy to come by with all the guys planting them.