Daisy's

Yarg

5 year old buck +
I can't tell whether or not the deer are utilizing these do you guys recommend getting rid of them

Attachments

• IMG_20180621_134203171.jpg
    IMG_20180621_134203171.jpg
    847.4 KB · Views: 40
They are more than likely native and as such not hurting anything. If you have other....better plans for the area then fine, but don;t kill them just because they are not some prime deer food. Wildflowers and the like mean food and cover for many other critters.

That one was brought here from Eurasia but now naturalized all across the US. Deer won't touch them but your Blackberry Looper Moths will love you for not killing them.

That one was brought here from Eurasia but now naturalized all across the US. Deer won't touch them but your Blackberry Looper Moths will love you for not killing them.
Well Native - once again you bring up something I had never heard of.....so I had to go search for that moth. You are just a wealth of information!

Well Native - once again you bring up something I had never heard of.....so I had to go search for that moth. You are just a wealth of information!

It's hard to find a plant that isn't used by some animal or insect. If we only had the ability to see the things that we can't see......how everything ties together into the grand scheme of intelligent design. Oh well...……..that's my contribution for the day!

It's hard to find a plant that isn't used by some animal or insect. If we only had the ability to see the things that we can't see......how everything ties together into the grand scheme of intelligent design. Oh well...……..that's my contribution for the day!
I think sometimes we get so focused on deer we don't realize some of the other stuff we are actually hurting in the process.....

I know my honey bees would be hitting them.

J-Bird - (post #5) - The reason Native Hunter knows about so many plants is because he's kind-of like Noah …………. he has just about every variety of plant living & growing on his property !!! Instead of an ark - he has acreage. :emoji_astonished::emoji_wink:

I’ve got them thick also. They don’t bother me until they get into my clover.