CWD in Marinette Co. WI

I saw this too on the news. One story said the farm was near Dunbar. My place is in Marinette County. Seems as if every deer farm eventually tests positive for CWD. I figured some deer farm up by me would pop a positive test sometime. Now the countywide baiting ban will go in effect and maybe the deer will stay hitting my plots during hunting season instead of camping out on the neighbors huge bait piles. That assumes they will follow the law and not bait.

Doubt that when we were band in Adams County the local hardware store just called it corn for those who feed birds. Lots of guys buying 50 lb bags of corn to feed the birds.

Doubt that when we were band in Adams County the local hardware store just called it corn for those who feed birds. Lots of guys buying 50 lb bags of corn to feed the birds.

Ya I don’t plan on much changing. Baiting is a huge part of most people’s hunting up here. My other neighbor was having a major break down a couple years ago when he thought baiting was going to be banned. He’s a really nice guy so I took him under my wing and I introduced him to food plots and helped him plan his plot. Now he hunts over his food plot. He still puts bait out in front of him in The plot but nothing like before.

Not that it would matter to some guys, but what you stated is just as illegal here. Can't feed anything where a deer may eat it.

I’m in Marinette County too. I hope it stays contained within the deer farm. I know someday CWD will reach our herd and I’ve really hoped that when it does that there are deer somewhere building up resistance from it and/or science has found a way to combat it.

We have plenty of food in the form of fruit trees, nut trees, and food plots. A baiting ban has no impact on us.

I can see baiting having a far bigger impact up North where deer are hungrier with less available food. We have a lot of baiting around us and plenty of farm fields...I think our deer likely don’t adjust their travel as much for baits as deer North of us do.