Critique my '23 fall plot plan

I think 1 quart per acre of light gly is a great way to clean up clover plot. It will put a whooping on chicory and alfalfa however.

The weed resistance to me is major in farmers spraying 20 thousand acres with drums of glyphosate. My guess is a few of us spraying a few clover plots isn’t the issue.

Was at the land briefly today while dropping off the tractor for the season before returning home for dad duty. A spot in one field that I nuked RCG all summer and fall last year and didn’t plant anything in is now a solid stand of clover so that’s interesting. Same field that I always complain about being poorly drained and wet is pretty damn dusty.. rain please.

What chemical did you use to "burn off" your clover. I've always been able to grow a nice stand of clover here.
I used Glysophate. I wish I hadn't. But I just did it again (mainly to kill competition) and re-seeded with Crimson and White...

I have regretted for 2 years that I burned off my clover (chemically). I'm focused on trying to establish it again. I'll be seeding my field this weekend actually as we're finally supposed to get some rain. 2 weeks ago I sprayed all of the crap in my field (and I mean just unwanted weeds were all that would come up).

I'm going to:
Lime & fertilize
Seed (clover - two types), buckwheat and oats. The latter two will be cover crop to protect the clover.
Mow
Pack
Pray (for rain)
One exhausting day in the field!

1686584983224.png

I used Glysophate. I wish I hadn't. But I just did it again (mainly to kill competition) and re-seeded with Crimson and White...
Shouldn't be any residual effects from spraying with Gly. I do that often.....and still grow clover. Maybe I'm just "lucky" with clover on my land. Grows like a weed.

Shouldn't be any residual effects from spraying with Gly. I do that often.....and still grow clover. Maybe I'm just "lucky" with clover on my land. Grows like a weed.
I hope not.

I hope not.
I dont get it......you said you regretted killing your clover for two years.... via Gly....which many of us do with out a residual effect. Your response does not sound right to me. What am I missing?

I dont get it......you said you regretted killing your clover for two years.... via Gly....which many of us do with out a residual effect. Your response does not sound right to me. What am I missing?
I just wish i would have left it. The other atuff i planted gets hammered before it can mature or it doesn't grow. The clovee ha dles the browsing I get well.