Cover crop

buckdeer1

5 year old buck +
Has anyone tried the cover crops shown on growing deer tv from greencover cover crop seed company?Grant has a good video on planting this mix for building soil especially sandy soil.

Sure have. I have rocky soil that is very similar to what Dr Woods has and I'm seeing some decent results with the summer blend. I had more growth when I planned a monoculture of buckwheat but that got wiped out within a few weeks last year.

My monoculture of buckwheat also didn't do much as far as a solid cover crop option. After looking back at why I only saw decent success in the summer blend, I attribute it to my plot needing fertilizer that I didn't apply as well as my fall planted winter rye was 6 feet tall when we planned the summer release into it. I think it was too thick to be honest.

I'll be planting the fall release blend this week sometime.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

His Eagle Fall Buffalo Blend has been largely the success in his soil building. His GC partnership just started this spring..

For fall, cereal rye should be the backbone of any blend if soil building / weed suppression are priorities..