Could this handle habitat work?

SD51555

5 year old buck +
I wonder how these tracks would tolerate pulling light implements in a habitat work situation. The manufacturer claims these can be used year round. If this is as good as it seems, this is going to the top of the big ticket wish list. No need to have a snowmobile for ice fishing anymore.

Did you get a price? You could buy a new snowmobile for the price of those tracks. I know what they say , they're good on snow but You don't want them on dry ground.

Haven't been able to find a price. Just saw this today on an ice fishing show. In segment promo had a rep talking about how these were designed to be used year round. I am very skeptical. I'm hoping someone on here has some experience with this specific track vs the ones that have been out there a while. I'd be steamed if I bought these and ended up hating them. I bet they're hard to sell.

A friend had tracks on his atv, I think he paid something like 4,500 and that was probably almost 10 years ago. No idea on the brand or anything. He really like them when he needed them but maintenance was pain for him. He was the type with a short attention span and did not have the patience to take care of his equipment. He was happy to sell them for about 2k about 1.5 years ago.

Camoplast tracks run about $3,600 a set for atvs. They're fun in snow, but have some down sides as well.

I raced snowmobiles for many years when I was younger, even on grass a few times. I can't see these things holding up very long with dirt all up in the idler wheels and on the slide rails and such. I know the parts of a snowmobile track undercarriage were not very forgiving when they got sand up in them, wore stuff out quick. Maybe the new stuff is that much better? My brother tells me he sees them all over in WY in the winter, they even have them for full size vehicles now. He is looking into getting a set to go up in the mountains near his home, but he wants them to be able to fit both his CJ7 and his new Tundra.Jeep-Rubicon-Wrangler-Laredo-Limited-sport-snow-tracks.jpg

I wonder how these tracks would tolerate pulling light implements in a habitat work situation. The manufacturer claims these can be used year round. If this is as good as it seems, this is going to the top of the big ticket wish list. No need to have a snowmobile for ice fishing anymore.

A UTV could certainly pull implements.....but those tracks are not a good idea for that work. Pretty hard to turn and will be stick magnets. I use my Honda UTV on snow and ice quite a bit (no tracks). I had chains on it last year. Goes lots of places. I can see some use for the tracks i you get lots of deep snow. Could be fun. Seeing more tracks used all the time.
UTV.jpg

I done my share of sled racing on grass. I just don't see the track holding up on dirt.

A UTV could certainly pull implements.....but those tracks are not a good idea for that work. Pretty hard to turn and will be stick magnets. I use my Honda UTV on snow and ice quite a bit (no tracks). I had chains on it last year. Goes lots of places. I can see some use for the tracks i you get lots of deep snow. Could be fun. Seeing more tracks used all the time.
View attachment 3262
What's interesting is he mentioned you can use them 4 seasons but only showed footage of them being used on snow...