Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you are a rhino, not a conservative. Part of the problem, not part of the solution ...
No I'm not a Republican and not conservative, but I try to understand the conservative perspective. I can't understand backing Trump- sorry.

Tell me what good the testing is doing?
None , if the results take 5 days, and none if people refuse to consider the science of public health. We could limit covid with sensible social distancing, masks, and the like. It would save our economy and get the kids back in schools...

Tell me what good the testing is doing?
None , if the results take 5 days, and none if people refuse to consider the science of public health. We could limit covid with sensible social distancing, masks, and the like. It would save our economy and get the kids back in schools...

That will do nothing but slow the spread thus slowing the recovery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that’s been tried. Didn’t work. Everywhere in NY locked down. 37,000 dead. Now NY opening up and less than 10 deaths per day. The trick to this thing is to let it circulate. Once it gets to a certain point it seems to fizzle out. NY case in point. The other States just aren’t there yet but getting closer. Anyway, no matter how bad the media Or those on the left wants this to be The deaths in these hotbed States are nowhere near what happened in NY. So it’s either weakened or there’s a whole bunch of false positives out there.

I know a few people that have been tested and got their results the same day. Maybe that is a NY thing or maybe the media keeps telling you that tests results take a week.

No I'm not a Republican and not conservative, but I try to understand the conservative perspective. I can't understand backing Trump- sorry.

I can’t understand backing Biden. Can you tell me one reason you would back other than he is not Trump. The fact his son got billions from China and hundreds of thousands from Ukraine while daddy was VP should automatically disqualify him but I would love to hear one reason from a real live liberal.

I have many policy reasons but I can sum them up with a slogan- Biden 2020: Respect Science, Nature, and Each Other.

I have many policy reasons but I can sum them up with a slogan- Biden 2020: Respect Science, Nature, and Each Other.

So.......?

Hilltopper, is that a joke? It is inconceivable to me that anyone would believe their ever changing slogans when there actions show the opposite. They treat Trump like a foreign invader and the way they attacked Bill Barr and numerous others was not at all respectful of others. It was downright disgusting. I must be in another planet, you definitely must be joking.

The left has so much respect. They just burned down their own cities. You also realize that if Joe wins he will have the same scientist that Trump has. Just as I expected, you couldn’t tell me one reason to vote Biden.

Yes, riots, burning down & looting business', and assaulting the Police is all about respecting each other ...

I am not sure at what point death totals will concern each of us,.. and I guess that is a personal decision,.. but this chart may help put it into perspective.

WWI combat deaths: 53,000, non combat deaths 63,000,.. Total deaths for USA in WWI 116,000

WWII combat deaths: 291,000, non combat 113,000,.. Total deaths for USA in WWII 405,000

Here is the source of deaths for all wars combat, non combat deaths,.. and even incursions. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_military_casualties_of_war

If you think 156,000 dead in a meager 5 months is nothing to be worried about,.. I am just speechless as how to respond to you?

Maybe folks are just parroting news outlets that say this is a "nothing burger" and spout out "What about this" or that. But,.. but,..

With these massive deaths in this short an amount of time we should be in an all out War Footing Mode. We should mobilize factories for testing, we should mobilize and ramp up Personal Protective Gear factories for our Hospital folks and first responders. We should hire an army of contact tracers (Maybe all those folks on unemployment). There is much we could do.

When 911 happened we lost 3000. Prez Bush mobilized our country and kicked BUTT!. If he was Prez today he would mobilize us again and fight. He showed leadership and I was proud to be an American.

We should have some leadership on this ! Sadly we have none. We have golfing and Tweeting

I am not sure at what point death totals will concern each of us,.. and I guess that is a personal decision,.. but this chart may help put it into perspective.

WWI combat deaths: 53,000, non combat deaths 63,000,.. Total deaths for USA in WWI 116,000

WWII combat deaths: 291,000, non combat 113,000,.. Total deaths for USA in WWII 405,000

Here is the source of deaths for all wars combat, non combat deaths,.. and even incursions. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_military_casualties_of_war

If you think 156,000 dead in a meager 5 months is nothing to be worried about,.. I am just speechless as how to respond to you?

Maybe folks are just parroting news outlets that say this is a "nothing burger" and spout out "What about this" or that. But,.. but,..

With these massive deaths in this short an amount of time we should be in an all out War Footing Mode. We should mobilize factories for testing, we should mobilize and ramp up Personal Protective Gear factories for our Hospital folks and first responders. We should hire an army of contact tracers (Maybe all those folks on unemployment). There is much we could do.

When 911 happened we lost 3000. Prez Bush mobilized our country and kicked BUTT!. If he was Prez today he would mobilize us again and fight. He showed leadership and I was proud to be an American.

We should have some leadership on this ! Sadly we have none. We have golfing and Tweeting

The average age of people dying from this is over the average life expectancy. There is nothing more you can say. The vast majority of the elderly dying had their lives cut short by a year tops!

Also, it looks as the the amount of people that died from the actual flu, has went way down this year, so Covid either claimed those that would have died from the flu, or misdiagnosed as Covid rather then the flu.

when the President and the task force came up with a re opening plan made by doctors and scientists. The Governors of NY, MI, OR,NJ and a host of others said , we are not listening to the Feds guidelines , we‘re doing it our own way. At the same time they sight continuous lack of Federal leadership. LOL. Also I remember Cuomo putting Bloomberg in charge of forming and running an army of contract tracers. Since then I’ve heard zilch about that from any source. What happened?

I have posted this here already but the 151,000 Covid deaths are inaccurate to put it mildly. If (Democrat) 5 states hadn't intentionally moved Covid patients into Upstate nursing homes we would have and estimated 50,000 less in that total. Here in NY (Cuomo) had the USS Comfort parked closer and more accessible than moving Covid patients upstate where we had low numbers at the time, the USS Comfort went unused. I can only guess that he didn't want to accept Trumps help but that is just a guess.
So now we are down to roughly 100,000 Covid deaths, we had a total of 40,000 deaths before testing was even available to confirm if Covid was even involved so yes... they guessed. Testimony from NIH reps in front of Congress last week admitted that hospitals are incentivized to call deaths Covid because the money paid out from the Federal Govt is alot higher than a regular death, not a big media splash go figure. Still today some states like Florida are still counting people that died in motorcycle accidents that test positive, gun shots to the head etc. as Covid deaths (click the article below). STILL today the CDC includes both Influenza and Pneumonia deaths with the Covid death number. This is all easily accessible information on the CDC website. The Covid Tracker page still today shows that "some states include the viral tests and the antibody tests together" before submitting them to the CDC. One thing I haven't been able to find is "how many people tested positive for the viral test or the antibody test that never had symptoms (asymptomatic)".

The bottom line is... the average age of a Covid death in the US is 74 years old, also the CDC says 94% of Covid deaths here in the US had an average of 2.6 underlying health conditions and the underlying conditions weren't asthma or a heart murmur, the example the CDC gives is "Terminal Cancer". The Director of Public Health used the example of "a person that was placed on hospice and given a few weeks to live, but also tested positive for Covid".

Florida was supposed to fix this a months ago but these stories still trickle in yet never make it to the Main Media outlets so we see it.

"WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — A 60-year-old man who died from a gun shot wound to the head.
A 90-year-old man who fell and died from complications of a hip fracture.
A 77-year-old woman who died of Parkinson's disease.
These are some of the deaths in Palm Beach County recently, and incorrectly, attributed to COVID-19 in medical examiner records."

https://cbs12.com/news/local/i-team-deaths-incorrectly-attributed-to-covid-19-in-palm-beach-county

Last edited:

You are comparing the Coronavirus to World War II? The death toll during WW 2 was in the 80-85 million range, six million Jews burned in ovens, complete cities and countries destroyed, starvation, disease, it was the one of... if not the worst time in our history. The virus is not anywhere near that, not even on a slight scale. I am not sure what you are thinking on comparing the two?

Status
Not open for further replies.