Cool weather

B

BJE80

Man this cool weather really gets me in the mood to get into a tree. It is too early though being still in July. Long ways to go yet. Love this comfortable cool evenings though.

Normally this time of year in my area we are in the mid 90's with really high humidity. So far thru all of June and what appears to now be all of July we have not had an official high in the 90's yet! Normally by now our pool feels more like bath water, but it's still pretty cool. Been able to shave a few bucks off the old electric bill by not running the AC as well - gotta like that! It will be very interesting how things playout the rest of the year.

I have zero reasons that I would like to see any heat of any kind! :)

This beautiful summer makes me remember how cold and snowy last winter was might need to beef up my fall/ winter food plots if this is a prelude to what this winter is going to bring . hopefully a mild winter

Mo I was thinking the same thing. It will be interesting to see if this cool trend carries into Aug, Sept or later. I know lots of folks like to let their corn stand and dry as much as possible to reduce drying costs, but cool and possibly damp conditions don't bode well for a standing corn crop - especially with declining prices. Man, I'm glad Irent my tillable at a flat rate!

Just picked my daughter up from the airport after a 10 day vacation to the Cape Girardeau and Jackson MO area. She complained about the heat down there every time I talked to her, and she sent me a text before she boarded her plane this morning and said that no matter where she goes, her home will always be the upper Midwest. She said there was almost a 30 degree difference in temp from MO 2 days ago(she said yesterday wasn't terrible down there) to WI today.

Just picked my daughter up from the airport after a 10 day vacation to the Cape Girardeau and Jackson MO area. She complained about the heat down there every time I talked to her, and she sent me a text before she boarded her plane this morning and said that no matter where she goes, her home will always be the upper Midwest. She said there was almost a 30 degree difference in temp from MO 2 days ago(she said yesterday wasn't terrible down there) to WI today.

The weather guy said that St. Louis only hit 90+Heat. 9 days so far this summer
She would have loved this weekimage.jpg

The weather guy said that St. Louis only hit 90+Heat. 9 days so far this summer
She would have loved this weekView attachment 1541
She is like dad, she would have liked it better if all those were 7's and 5's in front of the other numbers!

i had 43 deg this AM when i left the house for work! The last 3-4 days have had highs in the low 60's and lows in the mid 40's. The other evening i went out to take a look around the garden and the breeze was blowing....they say memory is strongly tied to the olfactory sense....for some reason the breeze hit my nostrils and it smelled like September. For some reason, September and October have a smell to me that is unmistakable on some days during those months. I have a crazy sense of smell though...lol.

Anyone else ever notice that as the hunting season starts and progresses that your senses become much sharper? For me, hearing, sight and smell seem to go on high alert as the hunting season goes on. I think it is all those hours on stand actively listening, watching, and even smelling that fine tune the senses.

We had 3 nights in July in the 30's and the last two nights have been 42. Have to love the high elevation. My first year planting sweet corn and I am not sure if the temps are to blame but in only grew 3'-4' it looks super healthy and is dark green but it just didn't grow. It is starting to put ears on. My MIL texted me today that our new friend, the bear, flattened some of it. I don't care much about the corn but when he starts tearing down apple trees he is going to be in a gots to go situation.

We had 3 nights in July in the 30's and the last two nights have been 42. Have to love the high elevation. My first year planting sweet corn and I am not sure if the temps are to blame but in only grew 3'-4' it looks super healthy and is dark green but it just didn't grow. It is starting to put ears on. My MIL texted me today that our new friend, the bear, flattened some of it. I don't care much about the corn but when he starts tearing down apple trees he is going to be in a gots to go situation.

I just head a small sow with one cub use one of my trail cams as a chew toy and the other as a back scratcher....i didn't care for bears much to begin with....now i really don't care for them.

Without the cool weather the 2" of rain we received in July wouldn't have been nearly enough to stop my plots from burning up.