All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Collard for deer

Trophy Collector

A good 3 year old buck
Just wondering if anyone has tried collard for a food plot?

I bought some seed this year and I'll be trying it for the 1st time. I got it from Green Cover Seed. Their website has decent info on the stuff.

SW. Pa.

I've used Georgia Collards before, don't plan on getting any for yourself. The deer in my area area will destroy Georgia Collards and rape.

I looked at collards a bit, but seemed pricey..... green cover has been a site I have checked before, but they do seem to have a fair number of items, and the more you buy the price drops. shipping seems to be the ultimate killer on all online orders.

I just ordered 20 pounds of seed from Hancock with free shipping.

I must be loosing my touch, I don't even see collar on their site..........

I must be loosing my touch, I don't even see collar on their site..........
Green Cover's website takes a little practice finding stuff sometimes.
I've found that you can often get more info thru the Smartmix calculator (which is addictive, btw).

SW. Pa.

found em, must have skimmed right over them....

they do offer some interesting items,
okra
safflower
flax
indian spring lentils....

oats at 10 bux 50 lb
BMR grazing corn, this one has me intrigued... may have to call them and get the what gives on this item, see if it produces ears, winter stand.....