Cold Snap Has Things Heating up In Western. Mass

Natty Bumppo

5 year old buck +
I don't post a lot of trail cam pics here because mostly the bucks I get are never that impressive. This cold snap has got the bucks moving real good in my neck of the woods. I pulled cards last night I have many many daylight pics of bucks. I also got a pic of a buck that is about as good as it gets for western. Mass. Have not seen him on camera for the past 3 months.

We see deer like this so infrequently while hunting or on camera. I would say that this guy represents the top 10% of bucks in this area. Just for the sake of curiosity, would I be wrong to age him at 4.5? Or is he a 3.5 year old?

Thanks in advance.

Natty

Buck_zps2746d179.jpg

Nice buck Natty. 3.5 my guess. Your right bucks were moving last night got this picture last night. He followed a doe by my stand ridge cam 2014-11-20 014.JPG this morning but not close enough for a good bow shot.

I'd say that he looks to be at least a 3 yr old to me. Hope you can get a crack at him!

Nice buck regardless of age but I would guess 3. He might be 4 though, regionally I think deer can look different at different ages.

Nice looking buck, Natty. He'd be a shooter anywhere in Pa. that's for sure. Real healthy buck - 3.5 for sure - maybe 4.5. I hope you get a shot at him.

Thanks guys. That's a nice buck MA VT Flatlander.

I'm hoping this buck wil decide to stick around during shooting hours. All my pics of him are around midnight.

Good luck with him.

Nice pics guys! Dead up here this past week w/ the warm weather.

I don't post a lot of trail cam pics here because mostly the bucks I get are never that impressive. This cold snap has got the bucks moving real good in my neck of the woods. I pulled cards last night I have many many daylight pics of bucks. I also got a pic of a buck that is about as good as it gets for western. Mass. Have not seen him on camera for the past 3 months.

We see deer like this so infrequently while hunting or on camera. I would say that this guy represents the top 10% of bucks in this area. Just for the sake of curiosity, would I be wrong to age him at 4.5? Or is he a 3.5 year old?

Thanks in advance.

Natty

Buck_zps2746d179.jpg
I would say 3.5.