clover kill

nwmn

5 year old buck +
I've got clover Planted on June 1 that is coming in nice and thick. I planted a mix of oats/beans/flowers, and am noticing a lot of weeds growing in the bare spots. beans are rr, so I'm wondering if I should spray the plot and clean it out and broadcast radish in the mix with beans? will clover this young get nuked, or will it withstand gly and get stunted then bounce back this fall? we have failed corn that is being replanted into radish, but I don't know if I will have too much radish if I go this route. I kind of talked myself into not sprayjng and just planting rr bean/corn next summer in these plots to get a good weed kill.

I would think the young clover would get nuked , are the weeds that bad all over? Could you spot spray just the bad spots and then seed something else in there? I might just put up with the weeds unless they are terrible. I used to think a plot had to look perfect but my feelings now are they don't have to be.

Established clover will likely survive the gly application just fine, the young clover that is only a few months old may not have good enough roots to survive it. I would agree with scott, in the really bad areas, you could try spraying it and then plant brassicas or buckwheat(something that will canopy quickly) or a combination of both into those sprayed areas

I like weeds. I don't like grasses.

If it is ragweed....leave it!

Common or giant - I agree - leave it - the deer will eat it!

I like the idea of spot spraying the trouble areas as well if needed. The young clover won't survive a does of gly in my opinion.

noticed some ragweed, as well as some sort of viney thing, lambs quarters(same thing as pigweed?), some plantain, milkweed. all broadleaf from what I can tell. I may just leave it and only work up where the corn failed as well as any other drownouts and just go with radish/rye/peas/oats. the clover is coming in too nice to risk losing it, i'm all for early spring nutrition. i'm awful at weed id, so I don't know which ones to eliminate?

appreciate the input guys. I was really looking forward to corn this year, but looks like it'll have to be next year before I can finally get decent corn.