"Close" apple

Telemark

5 year old buck +
Anyone heard of it or know anything about it?

Thanks. Looks like Summered and Yellow Transparnt planted with it will cover pollenation needs. Wish I could find more on the taste. It says "sharp", so i guess that means sour.

Sharp is an English cider term. Acidic but not bitter/tannic. The other types are sweet, bittersweet, and bittersharp. Bitter means high tannins. Sweet is low acid.

Well I bought it, along with a Yellow Transparent(labelled as Transparente Blanche). They're both supposed to be early apples, which is a good thing in our climate here. They were half price, and i just couldn't resist.

I'm a little late with info but Bussey describes it as Large in size, oblong-conic. Flesh is white, coarse-textured, tender, subacid with a short storage life. Good quality for dessert and kitchen use. Early in season, Triploid. Tree is vigorous, upright- spreading, productive, early bearing. Often blooms too early for serious fire blight infection.

It should be good for a dark, sour cider to have alongside the traditional skin-on pork rib roast we eat here in fall and winter. As well as a few fresh off the tree early in the season.

Here's "svineribbe":
svineribbe_BIG.jpg

I found a description, but the key was omitted in the online preview if the book.

Screenshot_2019-03-26-08-50-59.png

Any idea what "6 E D" means? Or the bit at the bottom with F, T3, and P? Looks like triploid, upright, very hardy, and eat early August.

Looks like you're right. Thanks.