Chain saw mount for tractor

4wanderingeyes

5 year old buck +
I am looking for a good way to mount the chainsaw to my tractor. I see they make some nice ones for $150, but I am to cheap to spend that. Any good ways you guys haul, or mount your saws?

I think it all comes down to here on tractor you want to mount it, before one can suggest a design for one, there are dozens of ways to make a holder as well as ways one can be mounted
if you go to youtube you will find tons of videos on how to make holders
I have made a few , but again, not sure where on your tractor you want to mount it to really suggest an idea to you!, like insice a cab, outside , is it an enclosed cab or not< front of tractor or back, side or??
like I said, all comes down to what the tractor has that things can be mounted too and where you want it to, suggest a design!

also, there are, a lot of ATV holders will work as well, and some are fairly cheap to buy if you didnlt want to make one

but here is a video you may find interesting on just a HOLDER for the saw, and then you can MAYBE think of where you want to place/mount it??
but if not this video, do a search, LOTS of videos on there to pick from!

It is a subcompact, without a cab. So loader arms, and ROPs is about the only options that come to mind. Usually if I am logging I have the grapple on, and not a bucket. I have tried to carry it with one hand, and set it on the box blade, and neither of those options work great. D99D236E-ACEB-436E-B599-3A932A50081F.jpeg4819AEDD-374D-415D-B047-A6EFF76CC34F.jpeg

They’re not cheap but Ive been looking at the Artillian Rops toolbar. It also has a chainsaw holder option.

well again it may come down to how much Fab work your able to do yourself
do you have a welder< can you make things??

if so, that opens the door to a lot more options on where you can mount things

with this tractor, I think I would the easiest place will be the front bumper, not the most convenient to grab when needed, but it would have a easy place to add one
if not there, maybe make it mount to your ROPS just above the rear fender, with bar facing to the rear!, so the holder clamps onto the ROPS frame
but again this comes down to what your skills are at building things
and how pretty you need it to be, a chain saw holder can be pretty simple, pending what you want it to look like!

OR, copy something like this I would think you can MAKE this pretty cheap if you wanted too,

I copied the technique from the YouTube link in post #2 above. Works great. I notched the bottom to engage the plate holding the cruise control and transmission gear selector and strapped it to the ROPS with heavy duty zip ties. Under $25 all in and would have been under $20 if I hadn't painted the PVC "orange".

IMG_1337.jpgIMG_1327.jpgIMG_1336.jpg

Even just board that you plunge cut a slot with blade would work just fine.

Even just board that you plunge cut a slot with blade would work just fine.
True, but this took 10 minutes (before painting) and is very light but strong enough.

I didn’t mean to imply it was a better fix just an idea.

Great idea, I have bush hogged a nice Stihl saw in a case that had a single bungie attempting to hold it on. Came off the back of the Kubota and made a heck of a sound as it was dismantled and chucked out the back. You can still find little orange plastic bits on that part of the trail 5 years later, to keep me humble....

I got a sawhaul off of Amazon. Works great and is stable.

I copied the technique from the YouTube link in post #2 above. Works great. I notched the bottom to engage the plate holding the cruise control and transmission gear selector and strapped it to the ROPS with heavy duty zip ties. Under $25 all in and would have been under $20 if I hadn't painted the PVC "orange".

View attachment 45919View attachment 45920View attachment 45921

So, did you heat the pcv in your oven? While it seems like the easy way to do it, my wife would make me buy a new oven, then kill me.

So, did you heat the pcv in your oven? While it seems like the easy way to do it, my wife would make me buy a new oven, then kill me.
My barn/man cave has a full kitchen so I used "my" oven. But I did open all the windows and run the ceiling fan to minimize breathing the fumes. It really didn't smell that much that I could tell.

My barn/man cave has a full kitchen so I used "my" oven. But I did open all the windows and run the ceiling fan to minimize breathing the fumes. It really didn't smell that much that I could tell.
Kinda liking this idea. I am reluctant to try our oven on this. I do have an electric heat gun and I wonder If I could get a length of tube hot enough to form it as shown in that video? Might be worth a shot. I wish I had some enclosed area to keep the tube inside......I do have an old grill......maybe it's big enough. You got my wheels spinning. I have always been to frugal to spend the coins on a saw holder from amazon. Just a DIY-er at heart.

A grill is a great idea, maybe