Cattle and Fruit Trees

"Cattlemen like grass"

All things bermuda(common,coastal,etc) are of the devil to habitat junkies

bill

Believe me, I'd love to put a bullet in them...or better yet eat them! The cows in one of the fields bent/broke the doors off a tobacco barn and use that to loaf. I wish I could build a fort like you have OakSeeds around the evergreen, but I'm not sure I can get it done to the existing trees and the fall orders in time.

The cow panels are certainly strong enough. I've only seen them in 50" heights. The cages would need to be bigger and I'd have a bit of cutting since they won't bend much I'm betting. I'm inclined at this point to try the 5' concrete remesh. Where I can get 4 posts in, I will certainly do that. It's really tough though in some spots with the size and number of rocks (you can see in post 4 where one of the t-posts won't go in anywhere because of a boulder down there somewhere). I'm guessing that I'm going to really have to keep the grass down inside the cages at a minimum.

I've seen a bunch of nurseries use those black corrugated pipes on apple trees. I don't want to use that, but do you think it would be alright to use tubes? If they can't see the "ice cream coated" fruit leaves in the fences until they are a bit more established, maybe they won't bust them down is my thinking.

I feel your pain. Cattle knocked down 4 apple trees and one plum but they are not my family grrr6381DBF9-14E1-4D6D-AAB7-793900CA4734.jpeg

I feel your pain. Cattle knocked down 4 apple trees and one plum but they are not my family grrr

What's your plans if you have any fruit trees remaining? I'm assuming you have some posts there somewhere, but can't see them in the picture. Cattle went over my fence. It looks like they may have gone under yours?