All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Caterpillar eating trophy radish

Gilly

Yearling... With promise
Trying to grow trophy radish in a pot on my back deck and I have had these caterpillars munching on them the last couple days. Anyone know what they are or how to keep them from eating the leaves? I am guessing it is some sort of moth larvae since they have been thick out the back door lately letting the dogs out.

Attachments

• IMG_5180.JPG
    IMG_5180.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 36
I can't get your picture to come up. But is it a Army worm?

Its showing it for me, Sorry about that. Its black with a white stripe down its back with an orangish head. It doesnt look like an army worm from the pictures Im seeing online.

Doesn't look like a cabbage worm either. I had a problem with caterpillars eating my brassicas a couple years ago so I did what I normally do with my cabbage and broccoli, I broke out the Dipel dust and lightly dusted the entire plot. Went back a couple of days later and no more CATS. Saved the brassicas from being wiped out.

Liquid sevin will kill just about anything.