All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Busy weekend of planting

No pictures? Thats unforgivable! What type of rootstock, did you buy them or graft yourself, etc...

Details 'ol man, details, ha!

I grafted them last year on B118, and grew them in a nursery for 1 year. I'll upload a pic later.

I'm just teasing ya, but seriously, it didn't happen if theres no pictures. :)

Nice going Dan. We can't plant here yet or I would be out there too. I am grafting and planting about 35 this year assuming the grafts look healthy enough to plant in July or August. I only have 2 holdovers from last years grafts to plant this year

If the new trees turn out anything like the others you've posted before in pics - they'll be beauties !! Hot-tub soak for those tortured muscles !!;)

If I may ask, how did you dig the holes? You must have good system going.

Even though you are wore out after a weekend like that...it always feels great to get it all acomplishe.
Good luck with your trees.

If I may ask, how did you dig the holes? You must have good system going.

Post hole digger with a 24" auger makes the digging easy; re-filling and packing the hole is the hard part.