Burnt small Pear tree - will it live?

wango tango

5 year old buck +
Had a prescribed fire get a bit unprescribed. Got some pears. I see green buds - does that mean they lived or not necessarily?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I doubt it if it is young. I had persimmons that were over an inch in diameter. The fire did not actually get to them, but the heat was enough to kill them. The green buds are clearly a positive sign. I'd watch it and hope of the best. The age of the tree matters. Some trees are more fire tolerant than others. I don't know about pears. I think oaks need to be at least 5 years old to resist fire. It also may depend on how hot the fire got.

Fire causes a lot of stress. Heat to the root collar and roots can kill a young tree.

Talked to Steve Bartylla a few years ago and he said unless you can afford all the major implements required, and your planting allows for manueving these tools, the Firminator was the best food plot tool you could buy as that is what he uses to do all the contract properties he manages.

Talked to Steve Bartylla a few years ago and he said unless you can afford all the major implements required, and your planting allows for manueving these tools, the Firminator was the best food plot tool you could buy as that is what he uses to do all the contract properties he manages.
And the Firminator keeps fire from killing young fruit trees...:emoji_laughing:

Say what? Btw hard to beat a shoulder slung broadcast seeder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk