Bumper crop!

Turkey Creek

5 year old buck +
I know some of you arent as far along in the growing season as I am, southern zone 5. However unless we get a major hail storm, please Lord NO!, we are going to have a bumper crop of Chokecherry, Golden Currant, and apples on a couple old trees that I pruned this winter. Fruit and berries are set heavy as I did some checking today. Threat of frost is passed for us.

Anybody else setting in high cotton right now?

huntall

5 year old buck +
My pear trees are loaded down! I cant remember seeing them more loaded than this year.

Bowsnbucks

5 year old buck +
I hope after that L - O - N - G, ugly winter we all get a break and have good crops set on all the fruit trees, bushes, etc. That'll be a break for the critters larding up for next fall / winter, too. I hope everyone gets enough rain for the fruit trees and for their food plots. While I'm wishin' - here's to a helluva good fawning season for all the boys in the Upper Midwest.

aerospacefarmer

5 year old buck +
Turkey we had a hail storm today at my farm yikes!! But it didn't last long and no apparent damage

Maya

5 year old buck +
Yup same here TC, Just got back in from the orchards and it looks like we got a real good fruit set. Going to thin hard next week.

Last edited:

greyphase

5 year old buck +
This is a 6 year old Antonovka seedling with it's first fruit. With any seedling apple tree it's a roll of the dice as to what you will get and it looks like this tree will produce crabapple sized fruit.
5-24-14011.jpg

A 6 year old Purdy apple on Antonovka rootstock from SLN with it's first fruit. I threw some Sevin dust on it before I thought to take a pic.
5-24-14002.jpg

Most all of my crabapples are loaded with fruit.
5-24-14009.jpg

5-18-14008.jpg

It looks like it will be a good year on my Back40.

Bowsnbucks

5 year old buck +
Looks like a pile of fruit on the way, greyphase. We had billiard-ball size hail near where I live and golf-ball size at my house. I'm told that up in N.C. Pa. where our camp is, the hail didn't hit there. Thank God. That's where all our apples, crabs & pears are planted. What a mess that would have been after this spring's planting! I hope the rest of the Pa., N.Y. and New England boys were spared from the hail.