Bud swell-which are typically slow?

Thanks NH. They are loving the sun and 75 degrees over the last 2 days :)

It's been 3 days since I have seen mine and they were almost tight cluster so am thinking they should be our blooming near full and with the nice hot days should be good for bee movement and pollination can't wait to see how they are looking tomorrow when I go up

Nice job Aero !!

One golden hornet had a blossom forming that I pulled off of it.

Wow am thrive as my trees are full of fruit blossoms. I think I may need some chemical thinning in a few trees this is the most fruits buds ever. I am psyched !!!!

Wow am thrive as my trees are full of fruit blossoms. I think I may need some chemical thinning in a few trees this is the most fruits buds ever. I am psyched !!!!
Probably a result of our winter, two years back.

I have a couple of trees that are making me scratch my head this spring. Two were grafts that I made on wild crabapples last spring that put out good growth (4-5 ft.) last summer but this spring one appears completely dead back to the graft and the other one has not broke bud, but still shows green wood when I nipped off the top inch of growth from last year.
5-6-15%20027_zpsrobjtpcu.jpg

Also have a Black Oxford on Antonovka rootstock that was grafted in 2013, planted in the spring of 2014 and put on great growth last summer that has not broken bud yet this spring. I scratched to top of the tree yesterday and it showed green wood also. Guess all I can do is wait and see what happens. Can't complain too much cause the rest of my trees are looking great this spring.

I read that Wickson is a small apple with BIG flavor. Good luck with growing it NH. I might try to graft a couple next March myself.

Greyphase

Be patient. Some of my trees are slow to wake. It could be the variety. Especially if you have green wood like that