All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brush Mower Gaurds

bowhunternw

5 year old buck +
Do you guys with 3pt mowers, run the chains in front or some kind of guard? I know I haven't had anything come close to hitting me but stuff does shoot out the front at times.

Mine has chains. My brush cutter for the 4 wheeler has a rubber mat bolted to the front.

The guards do help and I would recommend keeping them in good shape. However stuff still does fly out. Some years back a large chunk of rock shot out of the mower and hit a hydraulic line on my tractor pulling it right out of the transmission. I lost all of the oil right then and there.

Mine has a curtain of chain that hangs down....and I have certainly hit things that have shot out the front as well. Most of the set-ups I have seen without a guard of some sort they had an expanded metal "shield" attached to the ROPS system to help protect the operator.