Brooks- MDDI outdoor news Oct. 17

wildfire

5 year old buck +
Page 14 by Kirk Schnitker, FLAWED CONCLUSIONS from DNR southwest deer survey. Sounds alot like the rest of the state, hunters have lots of input, but no impact to DNR deer numbers. Brooks does this sound familiar? DNR contacted 4604 farmers, of which 52% hunt, 3600 hunters, non landowners, and weighted more farmers response than just hunters.

Ag and especially BIG AG run this state. Pretty clear who has the DNR's ear

Good to hear, No one else seems to know what they are doing!

Google Chrome.jpg Schnitker knows what is going on. This ad may help bring it home. Maybe not.

Attachments

• Brooks Johnson 3x6_Layout 1 (2).pdf
    47.6 KB · Views: 2
Brooks

Where does the 2% reduction in car crashes come from?
Car/Deer collisions are down 50% in 10 years according to DPS. Is that a statement on ALL crashes of all types statewide?

T
Brooks

Where does the 2% reduction in car crashes come from?
Car/Deer collisions are down 50% in 10 years according to DPS. Is that a statement on ALL crashes of all types statewide?

When we cut the deer herd in half there are 2% fewer crashes in MN.

I am missing something.... 2% fewer what?? Car/Deer crashes are down 50%.

I apologize for my ignorance, but I think its important that the number is clearly defined as to what 2% means.

Page 14 by Kirk Schnitker, FLAWED CONCLUSIONS from DNR southwest deer survey. Sounds alot like the rest of the state, hunters have lots of input, but no impact to DNR deer numbers. Brooks does this sound familiar? DNR contacted 4604 farmers, of which 52% hunt, 3600 hunters, non landowners, and weighted more farmers response than just hunters.

So the hunter satisfaction report from SW MN included farmers that do not hunt?---or---am I missing something?

Car/deer crashes are down 50%, say from 10,000 to 5000.

That 5000 fewer crashes is only a 2% reduction in total crashes from all sources.

Right?

That is pretty much what I am asking....