Box of beer on MN archery license sales

2015 MN Archery licenses sales down...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
B

bat man

1 week and 2 days until archery opener.

Ripley applications hit an all time low.

Ducks are sweating for the first time in recorded history. But that means nothing.

Box of beer purchased for the winning bidder from the losing bidder.

Pick your choice and post your exact guess for license sales compared to 2014 opening day.

21%

lower

Can I predict firearms will be down more than bow?

Can I predict firearms will be down more than bow?

No. Or I mean not yet. Stay on topic. Different box of beer.

15%. I have a theory I'll withhold for now.

5.1 percent

10%

I didn't buy a license or apply for Ripley this year for the first time in my 6 years of arching. Think I know about 9 other archers that continued to buy their licenses this year. Don't know any new archers this year. Down 10%.

12.25% down. Send beer to BR546, Pequot Lakes, MN NoQDMA.

Who would have thought Ripley apps would be down 40% this year? I was going to skip my MN archery tag until Becker announced the plant as a public draw. And that hunt is a shadow of what it used to be.

It should be down 30%, but I say 20% because some guys will buy a tag for their wife that does not hunt. Just sayin...

It should be down 30%, but I say 20% because some guys will buy a tag for their wife that does not hunt. Just sayin...

I am hoping those that abused that system are tired of not seeing deer and may quit the extra paper purchase. Has to happen sooner or later?

5.7%

The Ripley thing is down because its not a trophy destination any more and people cant go see oodles of deer. Who wants to fight with 2000 other people for spots. Just go hunt private land instead.
People that hunt Ripley are bowhunters to the core. They are still bowhunting somewhere in MN.

I am hoping those that abused that system are tired of not seeing deer and may quit the extra paper purchase. Has to happen sooner or later?

Hope you are right.....but I think you are wrong in your thinking.

Lot of greedy pigs that want to get one over on the man so to speak!

Hope you are right.....but I think you are wrong in your thinking.

Lot of greedy pigs that want to get one over on the man so to speak!

I hope you are wrong, and have problems trying to figure out how else Ripley did not sell out. For the first time ever.

I hope you are wrong, and have problems trying to figure out how else Ripley did not sell out. For the first time ever.

Me Too!

To answer the second part of your statement, there are several reasons.

One, and the biggest one is this, the deer situation in MN is known nation wide. So why would anyone out of state want to come here after the debacle the past 2 years at Ripley and elsewhere in MN. Would you drive through Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas or any other state to come here to hunt after what has been going on? If I am not mistaken, 10-20% of the licenses for Ripley were sold to out of state buyers that put in years past.

Its not secret anymore, and guys that spent big money hunting here, are going elsewhere, me being one of them.

I will not buy a MN Tag for Bow or Rifle again this year!

I hope we have a serious drop in all hunting state wide. Then maybe the governor will clean house like he is trying to do with Mille lacs. Any positive change will be 5 plus years down the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One, and the biggest one is this, the deer situation in MN is known nation wide. So why would anyone out of state want to come here after the debacle the past 2 years at Ripley and elsewhere in MN.

Non residents buying an archery tag in MN has NEVER been popular. Ripley isnt going to drive it down. Nobody has ever come here regardless. Look at these pathetic numbers.
Whats the non-res sales in IA, WI, MO, IL, etc..... Lightyears more than here.

MN has not and will never be a deer destination with the current management strategy. Nothing like killing their cash cow.

upload_2015-9-10_22-40-4.png

I am thinking down 7.5%. Some guys that have gotten out of bow hunting in the last 10 years might be buying a tag in lottery areas so they can try to get a doe. I wouldn't be surprised if it was pretty much flat.