Bevan's Favorite Apple Tree

Native Hunter

5 year old buck +
I planted one of these about four years ago, but put it in a spot where the sunlight is borderline. However, I did get an apple or two last year from it and loved them. Planted another one in a good location last fall and noticed today how beautiful the leaves are on this cultivar. I can't find a spot on a single leaf and CAR was bad here this year. I think this is going to be an apple I love. I also didn't see any FB on the tree last year when it fruited.

Tree below is the one planted last fall.

greyphase

5 year old buck +
Thanks for the report. Always like to hear of others successes or failures with their apple varieties. I planted a Bevan's Favorite on B9 rootstock on my trellis this spring. May have to try another in my wildlife orchard.

Bowsnbucks

5 year old buck +
Thanks for the info, Native. Hadn't heard of that apple, but will look into it and read up on it. Might be a good one for the critters. ( and us! )

Native Hunter

5 year old buck +
Yep, the taste was great for an early season apple!

bryant

5 year old buck +
Planted one last winter in my first batch of Apple plantings. We have a crap ton of cedar and it showed no effects. Planted eight different varieties and only had one that had just a very spots. I was careful to pick disease resistant varieties.