Best dirt buster?

I found a subsoiler to be a great tool for old very compressed logging decks on my heavy clay soil. With all the negatives of tillage, there are cases where the long-term good outweighs the long term bad. It is a 1 time thing and it is hugely better than a moldboard plow that turns the soil over. Once I get past that initial decompression, I stop any form of tillage.

I will admit, I got an inexpensive single shank sub-soiler from TSC and I bent it with my 45 hp tractor.

Thanks,

Jack
Mine was TSC as well. Made couple of passes in a newly cleared area before the hard stuff. Interestingly I had major pigweed right along the tracts where the cuts were made. Looked like I had seeded for it. Guess I did! Just used the existing seeds.

Mine was TSC as well. Made couple of passes in a newly cleared area before the hard stuff. Interestingly I had major pigweed right along the tracts where the cuts were made. Looked like I had seeded for it. Guess I did! Just used the existing seeds.
My old logging decks were so bad weeds would not even grow. All of the top soil had been removed and they were heavily compacted and just left. They are now some very lush food plots after decompaction and quite a few years of no/min till. Our new decks are much better. We specify in the timber contract they are required to remove and save the topsoil and reapply it and seed with WR when they are done.