best chainsaw for habitat work

I just cut down and cut up about 40 trees between 8 and 36 inches with my Ms261 today. Still have about 15 to go tomorrow. Mostly between 24-36 inches. Haven’t even finished the 3rd tank of gas today. I am too old for this shit!

I have a husky 550xp pro class saw. Lightest weight for the cc’s I could find for cutting all day with. I have been very very happy with it and have had no issues with the auto tune carb. I read for quite a while on the arboristsite forum before purchasing. Seems just about every new saw needs to have the baffles cut out of the muffler to allow them to run to their full potential after doing that it is much louder and runs much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My crew and I have been using the Stihl 362 C-M saws for the past 3-4 years. We've had a couple issues, likely related to our fuel, but these saws have more power than we'd ever need. I believe the 261 C-M is the next size down and honestly is probably what we should've went for instead of the 362s, to be honest; they are a couple of pounds lighter which would likely have been more valuable to us than the extra power.
I'm actually a bigger fan of Husqvarna saws, but we don't have a good dealer nearby. The 550XP mentioned above is more or less the like-for-like model with the Stihl 261 C-M.

We've had our 361 for probably 20 years now. It's a beast, and like others have said, too much for most jobs we need it for. It was the only saw we had until several years ago when we wised up and got a tiny 192, which is what gets used probably greater than 75% of the time now. Next saw purchase will be a 201 or equivalent.

We've had our 361 for probably 20 years now. It's a beast, and like others have said, too much for most jobs we need it for. It was the only saw we had until several years ago when we wised up and got a tiny 192, which is what gets used probably greater than 75% of the time now. Next saw purchase will be a 201 or equivalent.

You will love the 201

bill

I think they are about $650
See below
7567c596f56c8e22f552fd42ccd54fd0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk