Best Battery Performance

strawhead

5 year old buck +
I have been running trail cameras for years and have tried many types of batteries. With bear baits, food plots and trails most years have been up to 15 cameras. Started with home brews my son made, to cudde backs, to now running moultrie and covert. We have 14 scattered thru out now. Half on food plots and half out in the woods miles apart soaking, trying to find something we want to pursue. We have tried all the energizers(cheap, ultra, rechargable, etc.); duracells; and a little of the lithium ion. We have never done a picture count per battery set as some cams set to plot watch, some to trail at fastest sequence, and a few to video. We buy large bulk units of batteries, mostly ebay or amazon. We have not gotten any imitations. I am seriously thinking of buying a bulk unit of LI batteries. Right now I think? we get the best results with the copper tops, but have no hard facts to back this up. What have any of you found to be a favorite?

Energizer Ultimate Lithiums have been the best for me. They stand out the best in cold weather.

Energizer Ultimate Lithiums have been the best for me. They stand out the best in cold weather.
X2, they have outlasted any others I have tried. Best place I've found to purchase them is Sam's club.

Last edited:
I haven't seen them in C, just AA and AAA

As far as I know no one makes C cell lithiums due to the cost factor.

Yep I am still using Lithiums I Put into a m880 in november, lasted the whole freezing winter, I usually use the cheap stuff durning the summer though and save the lithiums for the cold months

Thanks all, you have helped with decision to go with the LI. It did seem like the copper tops were worse in the cold weather.

X2, they have outlasted any others I have tried. Best place I've found to purchase them is Sam's club.

X3, just ordered 16 (two eights packs) on amazon delivered to my door for $27. The were $16.84 each at menards, tax not included.

Agree with both: Ultimate Lithiums and Sam's

Also eneloops (sp) are great for a rechargeable. And aren't affected by cold weather either

I started using rechargeable eneloops and had good luck with them. My last new cam I put in Energizer Ultimate Lithium AA's. They were put in last year about this time they were out all winter and they are still going strong. I'll use nothing but from now on.

Just bought a nice supply of energizer ultimate LI for $1.25 each on ebay.

Do they come in C size?
Reconyx sells sleeves that convert any AA into Cs. I echo the others regarding Energizer Ultimate Lithiums. I use them as straight AAs and in the sleeves as Cs (for the older cams I use). As AAs or Cs, they flat out kick tail on any other batteries I've used.

We ran to Sam's this A.M. and picked up some batteries, Energizer ultimate lithiums AA, the price went up from last year 19.88/12pk but they are on sale until Sept. 21 $3 off so a 12pk was 16.88.

I run several m80's and the best battery for me is the Wild Game Innovations 6volt external battery pack. I have been running one camera since late winter 2012 without recharging. Gander mountain has them on sale for 49.99 each.