Be Afraid Mother Nature, Be Very Afraid

greyphase

5 year old buck +
Just had this little beauty delivery last evening. A John Deere 1010 the smallest industrial dozer JD made.
LittleBetty2-5-15009_zpsf6b1e52c.jpg

LittleBetty2-5-15002_zpsd3fad34c.jpg

I've been looking for the past year for a small dozer and had looked at several that had been "rode hard and put away wet" and then this little gem fell into my lap. Her story is she's always been shed kept, has a new undercarriage, carburetor, radiator, hoses and the lift cylinders have been rebuilt. My wife's nephew has an excavating business and after looking it over told me to "jump on it":D. I'll be using it mostly to push out mulitflora rose, barberry, and small saplings to make more room for my "out of control" apple grafting addiction :eek:.
Now all I have to do is learn how to drive it :oops::eek:.

That is awesome! Congrats!

I think that is my #1 want! Are you going to build or cage or have one built to make taking down small saplings and brush a bit safer?

Can I borrow it? :D

I think that is my #1 want! Are you going to build or cage or have one built to make taking down small saplings and brush a bit safer?

I'll try it without a cage for now. The saplings I'll be pushing out are wrist sized or smaller probably 10-15 feet tall mostly black birch. We'll see how it goes :eek:.

Thanks guys. Little dozers that haven't been beat to death are hard to find, so I consider myself lucky.

Learning to drive it is the best part IMO!

Learning to drive it is easy. Just don't let anything you want to keep get in the way. Congrats.

How does it compare to a 450? My father-in-law has 2 of those, one with a blade one with a bucket.

How does it compare to a 450? My father-in-law has 2 of those, one with a blade one with a bucket.

The 1010 was made between 1960-65. From pics I've seen it's a smaller dozer than a 450. 36 hp compared to the 450's 52 hp.

I want one. Wife says NO! I even played the "but it's a deere" card.

Sweet !!!!! Would love to have a dozer on my property someday. We could use one for two-track maintenance, new plots and establishing new roads. Post some action pictures when you start using it. Congrats !!!!

I always wanted a small dozer and a back/track hoe.

Come on powerball!

I'm hoping for mega millions.

Lotto = redneck retirement plan!

Looks like a fun little machine! I want a 955 high lift so dang bad!!!!!

Awesome!