Bannon Utility Cart

Dukslayr

5 year old buck +
Not sure exactly if this belongs here or in the general section. For a number of years I have had and routinely used a “heavy duty” poly dump cart to pull behind my ATV for a bunch of various tasks - hauling and stands, blinds, wood, hauling deer out, etc. It’s one of those 300 dollar Ohio steel units you can get at TSC. Anyway it’s been fine but I almost crushed it hauling a few smaller logs out of my woods and have always found it a giant pain to get a big deer into the cart by myself. I often find myself killing deer in places I can’t get anything but my quad back into and end up hauling them out 1/2-3/4 of a mile or more and it looks like I’ll have the same problem at the new farm. That being said I’ve been keeping my eye out for a better option for a while. I ended up running across the Bannon carts on northern tool and fell in love with the larger of the two. I ended up with a bunch of NT gift cards so decided to invest in the 1600# capacity Bannon cart and Milwaukee battery powered grease gun. I finally picked both up from the store a couple weeks ago and they’ve been sitting in my garage since. I finally had a day to put it together today.

I can tell you that while I haven actually used the cart, it’s everthing I was looking for. This thing is awesome and going to be just the ticket for all my needs. The included chainsaw and utility tool holders are going to be a HUGE benefit when clearing trails, hanging stands and doing general maintenance. The drop gate will easily let me drag a deer up in the cart with ease. The thing is built like brick shit-house and weighs a ton. I put it together by myself in about 3 hours but it would go quicker and easier with a buddy and 12 pack. Everything went together seamlessly and the only real pain I’d filling each of those wheel bearings. My first impressions are very good and I don’t think there’s much I won’t be able to haul with it’s 1600# capacity. If anyone is looking for a nice cart you might take a look at these - they have a 4 wheel and 8 wheel model. 1200# and 1600# capacity.

Attachments

• 8CB97F61-C683-45F3-A014-CF2FC6DDF975.jpeg
    8CB97F61-C683-45F3-A014-CF2FC6DDF975.jpeg
    416.1 KB · Views: 79
  • 93DBBD69-9AF8-41A3-B3CE-02EBA4D8F456.jpeg
    93DBBD69-9AF8-41A3-B3CE-02EBA4D8F456.jpeg
    326.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 96AAEDAE-7AB5-48C2-B0F5-64D3EEDD0A69.jpeg
    96AAEDAE-7AB5-48C2-B0F5-64D3EEDD0A69.jpeg
    442.6 KB · Views: 72
  • 0E243264-531E-4D54-9E64-DD01AA59E49D.jpeg
    0E243264-531E-4D54-9E64-DD01AA59E49D.jpeg
    323.6 KB · Views: 71
Forgot to add, that dang battery powered grease gun is unreal. If you have a lot of stuff to grease and already have a Milwaukee or dewalt tool set I highly recommend one. I didn’t even know they existed, but it beats repeatedly squeezing a grease gun for bigger projects and hauling around an air tank for air powered grease guns. It’s got high and low settings and some limiters on it that seem like they could be handy. Very impressed thus far and really like that it uses the battery packs my power tools use.

Like you had, I still have a small TSC model that we beat the crap out of.
I like yours but man that’s a lot tires for the honey locust to chase ;).

Last edited:
I like yours but man that’s a lot tired for the honey locust to chase ;).
No doubt bill. I don’t have near as much locust as I did but some sort of solid or puncture proof tires would be great.

I like yours but man that’s a lot tired for the honey locust to chase ;).

I was thinking the same thing. MO grows thorns as good as it does big bucks.

I bought this tank last year and very pleased
1551710873430.jpg

Not sure exactly if this belongs here or in the general section. For a number of years I have had and routinely used a “heavy duty” poly dump cart to pull behind my ATV for a bunch of various tasks - hauling and stands, blinds, wood, hauling deer out, etc. It’s one of those 300 dollar Ohio steel units you can get at TSC. Anyway it’s been fine but I almost crushed it hauling a few smaller logs out of my woods and have always found it a giant pain to get a big deer into the cart by myself. I often find myself killing deer in places I can’t get anything but my quad back into and end up hauling them out 1/2-3/4 of a mile or more and it looks like I’ll have the same problem at the new farm. That being said I’ve been keeping my eye out for a better option for a while. I ended up running across the Bannon carts on northern tool and fell in love with the larger of the two. I ended up with a bunch of NT gift cards so decided to invest in the 1600# capacity Bannon cart and Milwaukee battery powered grease gun. I finally picked both up from the store a couple weeks ago and they’ve been sitting in my garage since. I finally had a day to put it together today.

I can tell you that while I haven actually used the cart, it’s everthing I was looking for. This thing is awesome and going to be just the ticket for all my needs. The included chainsaw and utility tool holders are going to be a HUGE benefit when clearing trails, hanging stands and doing general maintenance. The drop gate will easily let me drag a deer up in the cart with ease. The thing is built like brick shit-house and weighs a ton. I put it together by myself in about 3 hours but it would go quicker and easier with a buddy and 12 pack. Everything went together seamlessly and the only real pain I’d filling each of those wheel bearings. My first impressions are very good and I don’t think there’s much I won’t be able to haul with it’s 1600# capacity. If anyone is looking for a nice cart you might take a look at these - they have a 4 wheel and 8 wheel model. 1200# and 1600# capacity.

Dukslayr
I have looked at these but was put off by the wheels. I have a lot of wetland and I imagined a lot of mud getting in between the two wheels. Please post an update after you have used it for a while, would like to know how it works in the field.

Dukslayr
I have looked at these but was put off by the wheels. I have a lot of wetland and I imagined a lot of mud getting in between the two wheels. Please post an update after you have used it for a while, would like to know how it works in the field.
I can certainly see your hesitation if you have a lot of muck. The cart posted by someone else above might be a better fit with those larger tires. My ground is mostly upland/CRP and timber so I didn’t even think much about heavy mud when I was buying. I’m planning on putting it to use this spring doing some planting so I’ll update once I have some better experience with it.

Forgot to add, that dang battery powered grease gun is unreal. If you have a lot of stuff to grease and already have a Milwaukee or dewalt tool set I highly recommend one. I didn’t even know they existed, but it beats repeatedly squeezing a grease gun for bigger projects and hauling around an air tank for air powered grease guns. It’s got high and low settings and some limiters on it that seem like they could be handy. Very impressed thus far and really like that it uses the battery packs my power tools use.

Nice cart! I've always had issues with grease guns. I had a battery powered one from harbor freight for a while. It worked for a while but sometime it got some kind of air gap in it and I could not get it to work right. This was true even when it was full of grease. Eventually the battery died and they stopped making them. The next one I tried was a kobalt (or Husky can't remember) model that was driven by an air compressor. I had the same air bubble issues with it. It seems like it doesn't have enough power to push grease through fittings sometimes.

Please report back on how that Milwaukee works for you over time. If I could find one that I didn't have to mess with all the time, I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

Thanks,

Jack

Nice cart! I've always had issues with grease guns. I had a battery powered one from harbor freight for a while. It worked for a while but sometime it got some kind of air gap in it and I could not get it to work right. This was true even when it was full of grease. Eventually the battery died and they stopped making them. The next one I tried was a kobalt (or Husky can't remember) model that was driven by an air compressor. I had the same air bubble issues with it. It seems like it doesn't have enough power to push grease through fittings sometimes.

Please report back on how that Milwaukee works for you over time. If I could find one that I didn't have to mess with all the time, I'd buy it in a heartbeat!

Thanks,

Jack
Time will tell jack but I went through two tubes of grease on all those wheel bearings and it beat the crap out of my manual grease gun. The reviews on the Milwaukee were the best of any battery powered gun so hopefully it’ll hold up like my other Milwaukee tools. Certainly not cheap, but hell out pumping two tubes of grease in by hand. I also like the long hose and the ability to be able to get into tighter spots easier while just setting the grease gun it’s self on the ground or a fender or whatever.

Time will tell jack but I went through two tubes of grease on all those wheel bearings and it beat the crap out of my manual grease gun. The reviews on the Milwaukee were the best of any battery powered gun so hopefully it’ll hold up like my other Milwaukee tools. Certainly not cheap, but hell out pumping two tubes of grease in by hand. I also like the long hose and the ability to be able to get into tighter spots easier while just setting the grease gun it’s self on the ground or a fender or whatever.

Yes, I love the concept, but I just have not found a good one.

I got a Bobcat T770 couple of years ago. My buddy told me just to keep spending money and get one of those. Could not imagine life without it. PITA to load though.

I got a Bobcat T770 couple of years ago. My buddy told me just to keep spending money and get one of those. Could not imagine life without it. PITA to load though.
Funny you mention that. My first load was a piece of cake. Second was a disaster and I scrapped a tube of grease. It’s been simply since then through 5 tubes now that o know what I’m doing. The ability to use my current batteries was a big selling point for me. I really like my Milwaukee cordless gear.

I got the DeWalt. Don't know if the Milwaukee is any easier to load. Sometimes it goes very easily for me.

I got the DeWalt. Don't know if the Milwaukee is any easier to load. Sometimes it goes very easily for me.
My guess is they are similar.

It’s always interesting when it comes to fill it :emoji_astonished:

We have 3 Milwaukee grease guns w m18 and a m12, I could never go back to a regular grease gun, ours have been problem free and we use them alot.
FYI for those that are having problems loading make sure you pull the shaft out of the tube and lock it in the groove so it stays out while loading a new grease tube.

We have 3 Milwaukee grease guns w m18 and a m12, I could never go back to a regular grease gun, ours have been problem free and we use them alot.
FYI for those that are having problems loading make sure you pull the shaft out of the tube and lock it in the groove so it stays out while loading a new grease tube.
My problem is starting the plunger back into the tube, lining it up to screw the top back on, all while dealing with a greasy grip! The plunger usually works out of the slot at least once. I eventually get it.