Bad Boy Recoil?

One of you owe me 3k.... Thanks to this thread, I am the proud owner of a mini truck.

View attachment 10661

It was pretty dark by the time we got home, I'll get a better picture tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sweet find. Make sure the air filter is the correct size and a good fit. Dust kills many of these little trucks. The motors can't take much dust getting in the system. Hit me up if you need help with anything.

My dad bought a used 2009 stealth after I built a 48v cart. With 4 wheel drive his cart will go through some serious crap. I replaced every piece of electronics on mine and when it was all said and done mine wasn't all that much cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

One of you owe me 3k.... Thanks to this thread, I am the proud owner of a mini truck.

View attachment 10661

It was pretty dark by the time we got home, I'll get a better picture tomorrow.

Oh boy !!

Sweet find. Make sure the air filter is the correct size and a good fit. Dust kills many of these little trucks. The motors can't take much dust getting in the system. Hit me up if you need help with anything.

Thanks for the tip swat... I'll check the air filter in the morning (didn't get much time to play with it after picking it up tonight).

The guy I bought it from was a farmer with multiple locations. He put about 30k miles on it in ~10 years. Said the harder you drive it, the better it behaves :) On my farm I won't put 30k on it in 100 years. Hopefully it proves to be a solid unit. For a relatively minimal investment I'm feeling pretty good about it.

I think I could flip it for half again what I paid for it if I had to. I'll run it until spring and make that decision.

-John

Stay away from the BBB's! We have two and for awhile there, we needed both. Usually one was broke down. Finding qualified mechanics to work on them is next to impossible for us. When we got our first buggy we had high hopes of using it for farm work...pulling a mower, a disc or cultipacker. It didn't take long before we figured that wasn't a bright idea. The second buggy, we stepped into for very little cost so we took it, but would never pay full or even close to full price for a new one. We get a 2-3 miles on a charge, but that depends on the terrain...hills, mud or snow will suck the batteries down pretty quick, also how much weight you are carrying...4 people or a couple people and a mature deer on the back will also find your buggy at the electric outlet. But, here's the but...you can't beat them for the quiet and scent free ride. It's kind of a love hate relationship. o_O

Thanks for the tip swat... I'll check the air filter in the morning (didn't get much time to play with it after picking it up tonight).

The guy I bought it from was a farmer with multiple locations. He put about 30k miles on it in ~10 years. Said the harder you drive it, the better it behaves :) On my farm I won't put 30k on it in 100 years. Hopefully it proves to be a solid unit. For a relatively minimal investment I'm feeling pretty good about it.

I think I could flip it for half again what I paid for it if I had to. I'll run it until spring and make that decision.

-John

Yea, great find. Also the odometer is in KM, so if it's 30,000 that's about 18,000 miles.

Checked the filter first thing in the morning... It was a mess. Ordered a new one on Ebay before I put it back together. Will be here next week.

First action picture of the machine is next, need to switch to my phone :)

-John

We put the new machine to the test right away. Loaded a 20 ladder (to the platform not the railing) on board and hauled it as close as we could. Nothing to it!

3709448038a88178054005d195edfc47.jpg

We put the new machine to the test right away. Loaded a 20 ladder (to the platform not the railing) on board and hauled it as close as we could. Nothing to it!

3709448038a88178054005d195edfc47.jpg

Installing that beast was another story.

Here it is just resting:

20160910_130046.jpg

Checked the filter first thing in the morning... It was a mess. Ordered a new one on Ebay before I put it back together. Will be here next week.

First action picture of the machine is next, need to switch to my phone :)

-John
Is it a Suzuki? Hard to tell by pics. Just asking because there are 2 sizes of air filters. If u put the short one in a long airbox, it isn't good

Is it a Suzuki? Hard to tell by pics. Just asking because there are 2 sizes of air filters. If u put the short one in a long airbox, it isn't good
991b8092821284fbb5a8c7e3136e72d0.jpg

I found the Vin on the wheel well and used the model number to search. Found it on eBay, pretty sure I found the right one. I'll find out by the end of next week!

Nice looking rig. How much leg room do you have when driving it ?

Nice looking rig. How much leg room do you have when driving it ?
Not much! I'm 6' 2" and just fit.

I checked and there isn't a way to move the seat back.

But what I use it for I should be OK. Just would want to go trail riding all day

Love my mini, also have a 48V cart. Use both equally. Depends on weather and terrain. Cart doesn't like mud at all, or real cold temps. Mini likes anything, it will just flat out work. Had to build a new bed for my mini, had rust issues.
d3456a7e813f10d0cbe497488cbbd84e.jpg

a85e5aaafbdfc3859b17ca6bf4ae5103.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Most of the bad BBB experiences seem to be with the older buggies, not the Recoils. Not sure about the responses on here.
I've had a Recoil IS for 2 seasons now. I bought it brand new (a left over 2014) from a dealer on eBay for about half of retail. I've had some battery problems, but I think it was related to the dealer not taking care of the batteries while it was on his lot. Anyhow, I've had 4 batteries replaced under warranty. I also had the front motor replaced at the same time as the battery replacement. Now the good: the Recoil is very fast, has lots of power/torque and rides like a dream. It is incredibly quiet. I get pretty good range with it and we work it pretty hard around the farm hauling stuff. It gets excellent traction - I've never come close to getting it stuck even in some greasy spots.
It is not meant to take the place of an ATV for pulling food plot implements or mowing. But for general hauling and zipping silently around the farm it's been good.

Most of the bad BBB experiences seem to be with the older buggies, not the Recoils. Not sure about the responses on here.
I've had a Recoil IS for 2 seasons now. I bought it brand new (a left over 2014) from a dealer on eBay for about half of retail. I've had some battery problems, but I think it was related to the dealer not taking care of the batteries while it was on his lot. Anyhow, I've had 4 batteries replaced under warranty. I also had the front motor replaced at the same time as the battery replacement. Now the good: the Recoil is very fast, has lots of power/torque and rides like a dream. It is incredibly quiet. I get pretty good range with it and we work it pretty hard around the farm hauling stuff. It gets excellent traction - I've never come close to getting it stuck even in some greasy spots.
It is not meant to take the place of an ATV for pulling food plot implements or mowing. But for general hauling and zipping silently around the farm it's been good.

Wow, 4 batteries and the front motor in 2 seasons. That doesn't sound all that trouble-free, to me.

Wow, 4 batteries and the front motor in 2 seasons. That doesn't sound all that trouble-free, to me.
It was under warranty. For what I paid, I'm happy so far. I like my Recoil. The new ones have a 2 year warranty.
I had a golf cart prior, and that had its share of troubles.
I have a Polaris ATV and the EPS went out under warranty, besides that it has been a beast.

Those mini trucks look pretty darn handy!