All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Autumn Olive?

I can think of a lot of ways to use something like that. It wouldn't work on clearing all the AO in the woods without clearing out the entire thing. On the other hand, it might be worth sacrificing some trees to get rid of it anyways. It's a nice tool to have I bet!

Helluva setup Jeff, the work you have done in the short time you have had the property is amazing, shows what you can do if you are ready to put the time effort and research into a piece.

Easy way to tell if it's AO is to see if it has thorns or walk into it and find out real quick! You can spray the leaves and kill it, but I imagine you'd have to spray a lot of gly to achieve that. I have used 40% gly on cut stumps and had great success that way. It's tough work cutting it though!
I don’t think all AO has thorns. I have some bushes that I am positive are AO but no thorns.

That being said AO makes great scrape trees. I have AO but it’s way down the list of concerns behind buckthorn, Bush honeysuckle, and MFR.