Aug 1st Brassicas

You g
You sound as bitter as an embattled Browns fan. We will always find a way for the negative to take place.
You got Nick Chubb. That's a bright spot!

Just checked mine this weekend, they were planted on August 8th. Instead of fertilizing with UREA I used 100lbs of 22 10 6 on 1/2 acre. My property is 6 hours away so planning around a rain is very difficult. I fertilized two weeks ago and it finally rained after 1 week. I am very pleased with the results so far. My initial thoughts are that I am not going to try timing urea i will fertilize with the 22 10 6 or similar when convenient.

Attachments

• IMG_brassica.jpg
    IMG_brassica.jpg
    711.1 KB · Views: 58
You guys are all doing better than me..

I haven’t looked at mine in 2 weeks. I have a pretty good idea what they look like. I’m planning on putting down 100# /acre of rye in October. I want the turnips and radish yo put on as much growth as possible without the competition of the rye. We still don’t have any rain in the forecast so who knows. October is usually a damp month for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven’t looked at mine in 2 weeks. I have a pretty good idea what they look like. I’m planning on putting down 100# /acre of rye in October. I want the turnips and radish yo put on as much growth as possible without the competition of the rye. We still don’t have any rain in the forecast so who knows. October is usually a damp month for us.

None of my brassica came up. Not even the stuff I pregerminated and planned on my back yard. 8 weeks worth no rain will do that I guess

Here's a little quarter acre kill plot that merges into a third of an acre clover plot. Just tried making the expansion this year. Pic is a couple days ago. Seed probably got rained on late in the 1st week of Sept. Mostly radish and a little WR. With a decent forecast, will be interesting to see what the radish can accomplish. Likely not enough. Throw and kneel.

20200917_133910.jpg20200917_133850.jpg

1465ffc042d1a7c06fac0cc7389f1101.jpg

Here’s my brassica plot that was planted August 18th. We’ve been blessed with rain to hopefully they’ll continue to pop up

Bill: you don’t need nice plots. You got all the nice deer. I don’t forget when I see pics .

@thunderchicken10 if you didn't bring enough for the whole class I'm going to need you to put your brassica away

This is brassicas drilled in clover in June. View attachment 31709View attachment 31710

Did you terminate the clover prior to drilling the brassicas? I have tried several times to drill a lower rate of brassicas into clover so that I have a mix of clover and brassicas. I have tried mowing clover tight, spraying it with a light dose of Gly and waited for clover to come back, but none has worked well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Did you terminate the clover prior to drilling the brassicas? I have tried several times to drill a lower rate of brassicas into clover so that I have a mix of clover and brassicas. I have tried mowing clover tight, spraying it with a light dose of Gly and waited for clover to come back, but none has worked well.

I drilled into existing clover.

What type of brassica is that? And, did you do anything to try and stunt the clover when you drilled to let brassicas take off?

I responded via a private message earlier. I drilled clovers and brassicas into the older clover. The brassica component is PPT, Rutabaga, Ethiopian Cabbage, Winfred and Forage Turnip.

What type of brassica is that? And, did you do anything to try and stunt the clover when you drilled to let brassicas take off?