Aug 1st Brassicas

You apparently had some rain. I believe the first brassica i seeded this year was July 30. None of my brassicas will have a bulb this year. Prey disappointed about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You apparently had some rain. I believe the first brassica i seeded this year was July 30. None of my brassicas will have a bulb this year. Prey disappointed about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here, my brassica plots germinated then we recieved no rain, they are ceral grains now.

Glad someone is having success. It has been beyond dismal here. I have planted 3 times. Even my cereal grains are doing next to nothing.

Planted Aug8...we eat as much as the deer do :emoji_yum:

62172325233__4FEC7A9E-298F-4969-8F22-4A1AA479A20C.jpeg

I'm in the same boat as the rest of you guys. Ive had just enough rain to keep my plots on life support.

Wow! I just bought seed. :emoji_disappointed:

Glad someone is having success. It has been beyond dismal here. I have planted 3 times. Even my cereal grains are doing next to nothing.
Amen brother. We put rye and clover down 2 weeks ago and dad said the rye is finally coming up after rain last week

looking amazing, would be slick to see you try drilling sweedes in the spring next year into clover, nice long crop brassica, with no bolting issues.

Born and raised in the south, these threads make me more hungry than anything! I could eat greens every single day of my life and never get tired of em. Great looking stand of vittles.

Some day before I die I am going to have a field that looks like that. Everything went perfect when I drilled my brassicas at the very end of July. Nice and dry when planting then a nice 3/4 rain event.
Then we got hot and dry for the next 6 weeks.

haven’t been back to see but I know it’s not pretty. Something tells me there is a weed loving that 300lbs of 19-19-19 I put down.

haven’t been back to see but I know it’s not pretty. Something tells me there is a weed loving that 300lbs of 19-19-19 I put down.

You sound as bitter as an embattled Browns fan. We will always find a way for the negative to take place.

You sound as bitter as an embattled Browns fan. We will always find a way for the negative to take place.

that’s experience talking. Not my first rodeo with toasted brassicas :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’ll know what they look like tomorrow when I get there. But I already know today.

that’s experience talking. Not my first rodeo with toasted brassicas :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’ll know what they look like tomorrow when I get there. But I already know today.
I'll go look Friday or Sunday but i think the stuff I put down failed too. This is year 1 w no fert and very little rain but would have been nice to have a few come up

This plot was started 1st week of Aug. Didn't go perfectly. I have some though. It's been spruced up with WR, various clovers, and more tillage radish in the 1st week of Sept. The 2nd pic is representative of the rye stand. Does it look sufficiently thick to you guys? Edges needed quite a bit.

20200917_124350.jpg20200917_124147.jpg

Your brassica looks 100 X better than mine. I think you have room for another layer of rye. Wouldn't put it down until rain in forecast though.