Atv clutch replacement

I know carb cleaner is compressed acetone. Crook behind every corner.

Have you priced acetone and tolulene lately? Carb cleaner is a buck a can. Tolulene is off the market as far as I know of on it's own. Used to be able to get it for dry cleaning.

Last edited:
N I've got 5 gallons I bought 7 years ago, when I started tinkering with taxidermy. I'm pretty much set for life

Good For You. ;)

Even if you have to replace the plates with wear, simple fix. Anyone who has raced motorcycles have done this between races. Lay on side, remove cover, clip, replace plates, and if worn enough, the spring, replace cover with new gasket if needed, good to go with no fluid changes. 15 min job. Not difficult fix at all and that beast good for another 10+ years. Worth only 900$, yea whatever, go buy new one for 7000+ probably. Fix it. Glad the adjustment worked, Dipper.

I downloaded the owners Manuel and it said to replace the plates, not the entire clutch, if u can't adjust it.
Of course that mechanic, without looking at anything, is saying his experience is telling him the whole thing needs to be replaced.
If the crook would have just replaced the plates I would have give him $50 labor to do it. He's greedy, so he gets nothing. Bad business plan-imo.