Attorney?

hunts_with_stick

5 year old buck +
Anyone here an attorney? Need some advice. Having an issue with a dentistry and not refunding us 2k after insurance paid. They called the insurance company (after they cash insurance check) and asked the insurance company to deny the claim! I can pm more details, just wondering if worth hiring an attorney or not. I think they may have done this before.

They cash the insurance claim check then call and have the insurance claim denied this makes no sense at all is there something I’m missing?

Nope! We paid 2750 ( we were told by dentist that insurance company likely won’t pay) well insurance company ended up paying the agreed amount of $1700 - which we confirmed, dentist is not allowed to charge more than that. Well insurance paid $1000 we were responsible for 700. We already paid 2750 so they owe us 2750-700= 2050. Once we started asking for this amount is when they called the insurance company and asked them to retract the claim. Prior to us calling the insurance company, we got an email from them stating insurance company made a mistake and paid them in error. This is why we called the insurance company to find out what the heck is going on. We were then told by insurance company, no they never retracted it but in fact the dentist called in to have it retracted. They are opening up an investigation.

We also told the insurance about the email,they sent us and read it to the, word for word

Get on their FB page and start posting what they did. Do a google search to see where else they might be listed and start posting bad reviews.

Yeah, that’s what we were thinking as well.

Not sure if that would hurt something going forward or not, so far did leave a google review

Sound like some slimey bastards.

Call your state insurance commission, will be in the same city as your capitol

That there is the number one reason I won’t pay any medical bills until I receive the EOB from my insurance company…Good luck on getting it back

My opinion is that hiring a lawyer will cost you more than what you are trying to get back. If you find a decent lawyer that can send them a good legal letter for a hundred bucks would be the cheapest option. If you have any paperwork proving they are in the wrong you can try to let them know that their cheapest option would be to do the right thing and refund your money. Sickening situation for sure.

We have all the paperwork, wife just got off the phone with them and they are giving us the run around. Claiming insurance company called them originally but we have proof they called ins company to try and get them to retract the claim.

Small claims court?

Talked with an attorney. We are going to wait until the end of the week for an update from the dentist and insurance company. If no update, attorney will send a letter to both.

Small claims court does sound like a way to go on that one.
I hate it when I get screwed over, the longer I think about that kind of thing madder I get.
Then it’s nuclear option with price being no object if I truly believe I was wronged.